Hacking How to compress Gamecube games again?

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got Pac-Man Fever, I still remember you have to use FSTFIX and DiscEx, but in what order you need to drop the iso in?
It's been too long and I keep forgetting. I tried both, but it still ended up being 1.35 GB, what am I doing wrong, and what to do exactly?

Thanks.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you want to compress them? They're comparatively small nowadays and leaving them untouched makes it much more likely you won't have problems with them.

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you want to compress them? They're comparatively small nowadays and leaving them untouched makes it much more likely you won't have problems with them.

They're not small, every one of them is 1.35GB, and never had problems on the compressed ones so ^^

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not small, every one of them is 1.35GB
There are 661 GameCube games if you remove region duplicates. 661*1.35GB = 893 GB
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2S6ZUQ/
$50 is able to store every GameCube game released. Less than the cost of a AAA game. That's considered small.

never had problems on the compressed ones so ^^
I have. Some games do non-standard things with the filesystem, and break when compressed. Pac-Man Fever is one such game. If I remember correctly, one of the issues is randomly corrupting graphics if certain events trigger in a minigame.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Are you looking to compress the GC isos for the sake of archiving? Cause if so. I have the tool for you to do so. A tool that greatly compresses GC isos to sometimes less than 50MB (depends on the game really).

If it's compression for other purposes then just disregard this I suppose..

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I got Pac-Man Fever, I still remember you have to use FSTFIX and DiscEx, but in what order you need to drop the iso in?
It's been too long and I keep forgetting. I tried both, but it still ended up being 1.35 GB, what am I doing wrong, and what to do exactly?

Thanks.
If you want to use these with Nintendont, do not use DiscEx. It specifically says in the Nintendont thread only to use clean ISOs.
According to the thread: The recommended format is a CLEAN ISO dump. It has the best compatibility and faster reading speed.
Do not compress or extract your games, don't use DiscEx, don't use GCReEx, don't use DMToolbox.

You may be able to trim the games without causing issues in most games but some will likely run into issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr