Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Starfall and choose these two options:
* Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
* Skip disc update check

I want to test the rescue-menu so I connected a gamecube controller to port 1 and rebooted the Wii holding down on the 'Y' button.
All I get is a black screen. I've tried it with a retail Twilight Princess disc in and with no disc in, same results.

I think I needed to also check the following option to get the rescue-menu
* Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check

So it seems to be a catch 22 situation? Am I missing something?

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'm not quite sure, but i think that i read somewhere on gbatemp, that you just have to start the installer and that you can choose the options again

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SirTempest said:
i'm not quite sure, but i think that i read somewhere on gbatemp, that you just have to start the installer and that you can choose the options again

Yes that's how you do it

Jor-El

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys, running the installer again worked fine. it even showed what was installed, and allowed me to just change individual options from "not installed" to "install". And now the rescue-menu is working. I was expecting a menu to appear, but instead I just noticed it said 3.4U in the bottom right of the screen, inserting the disc caused it to load directly.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There indeed is no actual rescue menu. It's just a feature that lets you boot a disc directly, skipping the menu. Normally Nintendo would use that to boot a special diagnostic disc. But with this hack, any game disc can be booted that way. Including Twilight Princess. Which would allow you to boot Wad manager for example trough the twilight hack, to fix a corrupted wad.
But preloader actually makes it unnecessarry at the same time. The option to boot directly to HBC from preloader is much easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp