Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ifish said:
Bulit said:
Don't forget to buy the operating system.
smile.gif

Already have an extra windows 7 product key
tongue.gif

Legit. my dad bought a pc and windows 7. but he didn't know the pc came Pre-installed with it
tongue.gif
I'm sorry, but you're dad is dumb.

Although, I already knew that. A certain past event that may have occurred.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scott-105 said:
ifish said:
Bulit said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif

Legit. my dad bought a pc and windows 7. but he didn't know the pc came Pre-installed with it
tongue.gif

I see the hidden message.

Don't call my dad dumb. It was me who told him to buy it
frown.gif

But anyway. It will not go to waste

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ifish said:
Scott-105 said:
ifish said:
Bulit said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

I see the hidden message.

Don't call my dad dumb. It was me who told him to buy it
frown.gif

But anyway. It will not go to waste
Sorry buddy. Didn't mean to offend you. I actually am really sorry
frown.gif

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
Will all cases be compatible with the mother board i choose?\

I also kinda will eventually need a recommendation
tongue.gif
If you buy a ATX case, ATX and MicroATX motherboards will fit
then there is MicroATX case which are these slim PC's are well small, only MicroATX boards will fit
and ExtendedATX case, that are tall, usually just have alot more ram and PCI slot's on the motherboard and case

I would be more worried about your GFX card fitting, if you get a large one for gaming. and probably airflow

I still recommend Newegg

Bulit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
Bulit said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif
Make sure it's 64bit if you are planing on buying more than 2gb of ram. 32 bit can't use more than 2.75 gb.
smile.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bulit said:
ifish said:
Bulit said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif
Make sure it's 64bit if you are planing on buying more than 2gb of ram. 32 bit can't use more than 2.75 gb.
smile.gif

I have both CD's 32-bit and 64-bit
smile.gif

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You will definitely feel daunted, but I'm sure you'll have a great time once you get all the parts you need. Check out some tutorials, there are plenty on the interwebz (and YouTube!). I've never built one before but I'm planning on doing so in the near future and sometimes I just get so excited!

You WILL need a motherboard though. The motherboard is basically the backbone of your computer; it's where EVERY single component connects to, via different slots. Your CPU/processor, graphics card, EVERYTHING connects through the motherboard. If you already have a monitor and speakers, then there's no real need for you to buy new ones unless you want to replace them, of course.
tongue.gif

For shopping online, I hear that Newegg is really the place to go to. I personally haven't shopped there before (or yet) but I most likely will buy all my computer parts from that site if I decide to purchase them online. If not, check out Fry's Electronics if you live in California. I hear Best Buy is a good place to look as well.

In all, do your research before you just start buying stuff. You have to make sure that all your computer components are compatible with each other. For example, having a case that supports your motherboard's form factor (its shape), as well as the motherboard supporting your processor's socket type, your RAM, etc.

Oh, and one more thing; you need a power supply so that your computer will turn on.
tongue.gif

Otherwise, good luck, man! I hope you have a great time building your first computer! I know I will.
smile.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but it seems like you have no idea with what to do. Sure, doing it for yourself is great practice, but you might want to actually learn something about it before buying expensive parts and building one for long-term use.

If something breaks because you didn't know how to put it in the case right, or something snaps on the motherboard while connecting something to it, you're shit out of luck.

Just a heads up.
wink.gif
This. Building the PC is easy but doing research on the parts is the hard part. For each component, research not just what it does, but the features of that component that make it a good component. For example, the differences between DDR2 and DDR3 RAM, the importance of CPU clock speed etc. The hard thing to get your head around is that more does not necessarily equal better.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ifish said:
Bulit said:
ifish said:
Bulit said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif
If it came pre-installed it's most likely an OEM version meaning you'll be unable to use it on any other computer than the computer it was sold with.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bulit said:
ifish said:
Bulit said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif
smile.gif
wrong. even the 32-bit version of windows xp will address 3.5GB of ram.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Minox_IX said:
ifish said:
Bulit said:
ifish said:
Bulit said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif
If it came pre-installed it's most likely an OEM version meaning you'll be unable to use it on any other computer than the computer it was sold with.
Nah dude you misunderstood, his dad bought a PC and a seperate windows 7, not knowing that the PC has windows 7 pre-installed.. hence the extra windows key

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...