How to backup NAND

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Peanut42, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Peanut42
    OP

Peanut42 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    Mexico
    Hi

Well, I think I made a big mistake. I followed the guide from http://switch.homebrew.guide/ and I upgraded to 8.1.0 firmware using ChoiDujourNX. As written in other thread, I can't boot into Atmosphere. Well, actually, I correctly send the fusee-primary from Atmosphere, and it boots, (the two splash screens and then the switch OS) and after a few seconds, it crashes with the "error code 2168-0002".

I think my mistake was upgrade to the "lastest" firmware. My switch comes with 4.1.0 and the fuses burnt are still 5 (protected with auto-rcm). I do have a full nand backup and boot0/boot1.

It is safe to directly restore boot0/boot1 and nand to "downgrade" and restore the switch? Or should I continue with the 8.1.0 firmware?

Thanks for the advise, but this is somehow frustrating because the firmware boots but crashes after a few seconds.

2. issayloki

issayloki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2018
    Thailand
    Hi have you try to formate SD card to your according format like fat or exfat before you update to 8.1?. Try to formate SD card and copy the new ATM from github and try again.

Peanut42 likes this.
  3. Peanut42
    OP

Peanut42 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    Mexico
    Actually, I formated the SD card, re-downloaded Atmosphere, sent fusee-primary from RCM mode and now it works.

Awesome.

issayloki likes this.
  4. issayloki

issayloki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2018
    Thailand
    That cool. :)