PS1/2 How tf do I use the PS2 save builder?

Reshiram_Addict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded some codebreaker save files, I tried using them in Codebreaker 9.2 but the save DOES NOT show up in the day 1 files when I select "Day 1". Cheats for other games show up, but not the cbs file for the save.

I Google search tells me to use the PS2 save builder, but I cannot figure it out :(

I opened the cbs file but the ONLY option that I have is to save it to other formats. I have no clue what format to save it as. All the options look like cheat device options, there is NO option to export it as a regular save :(

I have the same issue with a sps file. No option to export it to a format that the PS2 recognizes :(

I have Free McBoot and PS2 save builder 0.8

What do I need to do?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After opening your save in a supported unofficial format that combines all the contents in 1 file, you can see its contents in the main window (there will always be a file named after the titleid, at least in its first characters, as well as an icon.sys file holding the name/attributes/names of actual icon files) - you have to export those files one at a time by right clicking them, and that's more or less* your save in the official format as stored on memory card, and as copy/pasteable in wLaunchElf

* some attributes will be lost, when loose files are stored outside a PS2 memory card; however most (not 100%) of titles don't care

Reshiram_Addict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did not automatically create a folder and I do not know what file to name it after:

These are the files in the save:

BASLUS-20483SD4
icon.sys
sd4.ico

The first one is NOT a folder (according to Windows)

Last edited by Reshiram_Addict,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BASLUS-20483SD4
icon.sys
sd4.ico
Put all 3 files inside a folder called BASLUS-20483SD4 and copy that (going through USB, RadHostClient, or whatever) to the root of the memory card, so that you end up with:

mc?:/BASLUS-20483SD4/BASLUS-20483SD4
mc?:/BASLUS-20483SD4/icon.sys
mc?:/BASLUS-20483SD4/sd4.ico

Reshiram_Addict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is NOT working!!! I was successfully able to copy the folder in ulaunchelf but I am UNABLE to paste it into my memory card!!! Paste is ALWAYS grayed out!!!

How do I get it to paste the folders???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nothing? Not going to help me further? Either I got some false information so you ditched the topic when I said that it did not work or I stumped you

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Calm down, please... this is a public forum and rushing never helps (in fact, it's possibly destructive) while problem solving, and certainly doesn't attract people willing to constructively contribute!

If you can't paste, it's not due to an issue with the files or their naming - the memory card's filesystem doesn't care - but something at a different level

Are you pressing R1 while inside the memory card (ie not just pointing at mc0 or mc1)?
Which source are you using? (I've only personally tried an usb drive, which appears as "mass")

Reshiram_Addict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried pressing R1 while in the memory card and outside of the memory card with the memory card highlighted, Paste is grayed out in both.

My source is a flash drive and it appears as "mass" as well

It does not allow me to even paste the folders to another directory on my flash drive either. Paste is grayed out literally EVERYWHERE!! :(

Last edited by Reshiram_Addict,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I downloaded some codebreaker save files, I tried using them in Codebreaker 9.2 but the save DOES NOT show up in the day 1 files when I select "Day 1". Cheats for other games show up, but not the cbs file for the save.

I Google search tells me to use the PS2 save builder, but I cannot figure it out :(

I opened the cbs file but the ONLY option that I have is to save it to other formats. I have no clue what format to save it as. All the options look like cheat device options, there is NO option to export it as a regular save :(

I have the same issue with a sps file. No option to export it to a format that the PS2 recognizes :(

I have Free McBoot and PS2 save builder 0.8

What do I need to do?

Hello.:)

May I suggest you something please ?

Maybe it has more sense you UPLOAD/ATTACH here one of your non working Cheats that we can see and check it for you if they are ok or not.That maybe helps you more.

Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.