Hacking How should this config look?

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm migrating my emunand to a new SD card using NXNandManager. I successfully dumped my emunand and restored it as a hidden partition to the new card. The question I have now is about where to put the nintendo folder.

On my old card, the Nintendo folder was located at emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo. After restoring the emunand to the new card, NXNandManager auto-created the folder emuMMC\ER00. There is no RAW1 directory anymore.

I started copying the files into this new ER00 folder, because I'm pretty sure I just need to copy it there and edit the nintendo_path= field to emuMMC/ER00/Nintendo in the emummc.ini file. Does that sound right? Or should I rename the ER00 folder to RAW1 and keep the directory the same?

You can see in the screenshot my old config and directory structure (left) and the new structure on the right. Please let me know the best way to set this up.

Note: NXNandManager seems to build the folders for compatability with Atmosphere and SXOS. I think that's why it made a folder called "Emutendo" on the root of the card. The new config file it created points to that for the nintendo path, but I did not have that on my old card. Guessing that's an SXOS thing.

Attachments

• Old-New.png
    Old-New.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 201

C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone wondering, I just changed the ER00 folder to RAW1 and updated the config and path, just like it was on the old. Worked 1st try. I didn't change the new sector line. Not sure what that means anyway. Final config after the rebuild looked like:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

Reactions: f0li0

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone wondering, I just changed the ER00 folder to RAW1 and updated the config and path, just like it was on the old. Worked 1st try. I didn't change the new sector line. Not sure what that means anyway. Final config after the rebuild looked like:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo
Sector refers to where the partition is installed on the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all