Hacking How many IOS do I actually need?

maako

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had no idea all them IOS's were in the machine until I checked it with SignCheck..
Code:
SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report
Wii region, Europe
Wii unique device id, ********

IOS number, Trucha bug, Flash access, Boot2 access, Usb2.0 IOS tree

IOS253 (ver 3612), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS250 (ver 65535), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
IOS249 (ver 14), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
IOS222 (ver 9), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
IOS61 (ver 4890), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5149), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5149), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3610), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3612), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS36 (ver 1042), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS35 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS34 (ver 1039), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS33 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS31 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS30 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1292), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS22 (ver 777), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS21 (ver 514), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS20 (ver 12), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS17 (ver 512), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS16 (ver 257), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS15 (ver 257), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS14 (ver 262), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS13 (ver 10), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS12 (ver 6), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
How do I know what to keep and what I can delete?

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about using SignCheck...

Once you have the list of IOS, I noticed that they have version numbers next to each. How do you tell if you have the most recent versions available? Is there a master list to compare it to?

How do you find out what cIOS you have as well?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
spritefreak said:
Question about using SignCheck...

Once you have the list of IOS, I noticed that they have version numbers next to each. How do you tell if you have the most recent versions available? Is there a master list to compare it to? If you really want all the NEW IOSes use DOP-IOS Mod (look on Wiibrew)

How do you find out what cIOS you have as well? Next to IOS 249 there is the version number and that is the version of the cIOS

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Computerboy...Thank you for the replies.

Sorry to be so dumb about this, but aren't there more cIOS than just IOS249? Also, if I get DOP-IOS mod, it will just install all the current IOSes and not mess up my Wii correct?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes there are more (just search the forum and you'll see). With Dop-IOS MOD you can choose which IOS you want to install and no it shouldn't mess up your Wii but just don't touch IOS 60 (if your on 4.1 like in your sig), IOS 70 (4.2) and IOS 36 if you don't want to mess up the HBC.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of Waninkoko's cIOS revisions install to IOS249, there IS also Hermes' cIOS, but it's not really necessary for the most part, but does help with certain things. That installs to either IOS222 or 223 (202 for media purposes).

With dop-IOS, it should show you what version number of each IOS you have as you scroll through the list and what version number is the latest and give you the option to update whichever IOS you want to and patch the sig hash check into it as well (trucha bug) patching that in isn't really necessary for any IOS outside of your system menu IOS and maybe IOS36 though. And if you have preloader installed or something, installing a normal updated system menu IOS with or without the trucha bug, you may have to reinstall preloader when you get a system menu is corrupt message.

NEVER. EVER. Delete an IOS. (Aside from the stubbed cIOS slots on 4.2)

maako

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh.. The question pops up when i use WadManager (1.4 and 1.5) and I have no idea what to use (when installing Wiiwares), so I use WadManager 1.3 (since it never asks, heeh..)
Thanx for the replies peepz.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Choose IOS249 in wad manager. 1.3 simply assumes it should use IOS249 if its installed. If no cIOS is installed, it uses I believe IOS36.

Also If you use DOP-IOS on IOS61 - say no to sig hash check. Otherwise shop channel may malfunction, and newer HBCs (1.0.4 and up) will display upside down (stupid protection that serves no real purpose).

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Telling these guys to update their IOS is a brick waiting to happen.

From looking at the signcheck he is on firmware 4.0 or 4.1 with an IOS60 system menu.

Telling him its OK to update IOS60 to the latest will be an instant brick if he installs the stub IOS60.
I'm not too sure if dop-IOS prevents you from installing a stub-IOS but telling people like this to update IOS for no reason at all is not such a good idea IMO.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
bosman said:
Telling these guys to update their IOS is a brick waiting to happen.

From looking at the signcheck he is on firmware 4.0 or 4.1 with an IOS60 system menu.

Telling him its OK to update IOS60 to the latest will be an instant brick if he installs the stub IOS60.
I'm not too sure if dop-IOS prevents you from installing a stub-IOS but telling people like this to update IOS for no reason at all is not such a good idea IMO.
Hence my warning, seriously he is destined to brick asking which IOS to delete without good reason to!

MaGnUmKiLLa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well instead of telling him it's a brick waiting to happen why don't you just tell him which ones to have? I'm having this same problem myself. I'm not an MIT graduate, I have no idea what sig hash and truch bug mean and, no one seems to truly be able to help. Why can't we just have like a list up? Just be like, if you're on 4.1 you should have this, this, and this. I know there's that list on wiibrew but, really, try looking at that and making head or tails out of it. It's ridiculous the stuff these people just assume we know. Like I said, I'm int he exact same place. I have a 4.1 wii and I have no idea what IOS's I should have, what trucha bugs they should have, or really anything. Can anyone help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: