Hacking How long till we have a cxmb for wii

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
were getting helth screens and meany other fun toys but will we ever have a cxmb for wii and if you dont know its a coustom theme changer for m33 and gen psp's and its awesome so heres hopeing

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
riddle43 said:
were getting helth screens and meany other fun toys but will we ever have a cxmb for wii and if you dont know its a coustom theme changer for m33 and gen psp's and its awesome so heres hopeing
I was going to say from the name of your post that you must be stuck with the PSP still
wink.gif
though you forgot that PSP is 3 years older than Wii so give us some time here , plus the fact is working on CFW for PSP is way easier than Wii in general since Dark Alex created the CFW for PSP it makes it vonurable for all coders to port many apps or make many apps to suite the need , and this will be coming to the Wii soon so stay in touch ( and by the way I'm one of the people who did many things for the PSP scene and don't take me wrong my PSP or at least one of 'em
nyanya.gif
since I have only 7 for testing is always with me any where I go )

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about the PSP scene, but it would be nice to see complete system menu replacements like in the original Xbox scene, where they were called dashboards. There were several different dashboards and there was a nice healthy competition between them, so that they improved over time. I think things will really take off like this if/when we get HDD loading of games, as you will need some kind of frontend to pick the game, maybe with a preview vid for each game or box art and so on.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BIG MOE said:
riddle43 said:
I was going to say from the name of your post that you must be stuck with the PSP still
wink.gif
though you forgot that PSP is 3 years older than Wii so give us some time here , plus the fact is working on CFW for PSP is way easier than Wii in general since Dark Alex created the CFW for PSP it makes it vonurable for all coders to port many apps or make many apps to suite the need , and this will be coming to the Wii soon so stay in touch ( and by the way I'm one of the people who did many things for the PSP scene and don't take me wrong my PSP or at least one of 'em
nyanya.gif

umm.... no.... The PSP came into in like march 2005, so that makes it just a bit more then a year and a half older then the wii

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riddle43 said:
You seem to be confused. CXMB stands for Custom Cross Media Bar, and the Cross Media Bar (or XMB) is a UI only seen on Sony products.

That being said, the Wii has a system menu or dashboard.

BIG MOE said:
QUOTE(riddle43 @ Jan 29 2009, 07:49 AM) were getting helth screens and meany other fun toys but will we ever have a cxmb for wii and if you dont know its a coustom theme changer for m33 and gen psp's and its awesome so heres hopeing
wink.gif
nyanya.gif

PSP homebrew started not even a year into it's release. You could run unsigned code on Firmware 1.0 PSPs, but those were Japanese only.
The pre-CFW homebrew scene was centered around firmware 1.5 and Eboot loaders and Devhook for later firmware. This lasted until around 2006 when were got our first true custom firmware.
2007 is when CFW kicked off, and in that same year we got the pandora exploit, no more bricks.
So it took 2 years to get CFW, and only a few months to get homebrew.

Hope I cleared it up.

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i do understand what cxmb is and stands for im just wondering if we will ever see something thats kind of like that.
and sorry for the bad spelling took to many sleeping pills last night
wacko.gif
i love this lets hope with more work we can do more for wii menus and such cause a random health screen switcher would be awesome. hay its just a thought
moogle.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riddle43 said:
no i do understand what cxmb is and stands for im just wondering if we will ever see something thats kind of like that.
and sorry for the bad spelling took to many sleeping pills last night
wacko.gif
i love this lets hope with more work we can do more for wii menus and such cause a random health screen switcher would be awesome. hay its just a thought
moogle.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

I believe we will be going in a different direction.
On the PSP we edited the XMB, but on the Wii, we're probably just going to use Bootmii to load up our own replacement for the system menu.
That's my guess at least, and I'm not developer.

Edit: Well it seems the next Sofmii is going to have this type of functionality, I was wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative