Hacking How long does it take to install CIAs?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS supports I think class 8 speeds max so if you use a class 10 or UHS they will downgrade to class 8 speeds. This is a limitation of the bus in the 3DS. The n3ds I believe supports the UHS bus.
No, the 3ds supports up to class 6.

The new 3ds supports up to class 10.

UHS-1/2 cards are just for future proofing. It won't take advantage of the extra speed anyways, but it won't lose speed.

Reactions: lemanuel

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Makes no difference. You only use it to play games and that's dependent on the console's reading speed as well. You might feel some difference between class 4 and class 10 for example but it doesn't really makes much difference, especially in the UHS case
I was just wondering about the difference between the bandwidth of the 3DS's SLOT-1 vs its SD slot... I was hoping that playing them through the microSD slot on the GW would make at least a small difference in load/save times vs playing them via installed CIA on the console's built-in SD slot.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was just wondering about the difference between the bandwidth of the 3DS's SLOT-1 vs its SD slot... I was hoping that playing them through the microSD slot on the GW would make at least a small difference in load/save times vs playing them via installed CIA on the console's built-in SD slot.

Some people say that playing CIAs is slightly better/faster/more stable than with roms in the red card. I can't hardly tell a difference though. But it's normal if it is.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Some people say that playing CIAs is slightly better/faster/more stable than with roms in the red card. I can't hardly tell a difference though. But it's normal if it is.

playing CIA is better as your Red Gateway card is in rest mode does not code/work at all which means it should last much longer & also playing .3ds roms will lag very slightly (probably not noticeable) compared to CIA as they have to go through all the hardware and coding on the Red Gateway Card.

Reactions: lemanuel

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country
No, the 3ds supports up to class 6.

The new 3ds supports up to class 10.

UHS-1/2 cards are just for future proofing. It won't take advantage of the extra speed anyways, but it won't lose speed.
Where did you get that information from? I couldn't find any mention of class supports on Nintendo's FAQ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good