Hacking How likely is it that this will brick my DSlite?

Canibus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one coming in the mail and want to know how likely it is that this can blow out the fuse in my DS. I have another DS that I can test it on so I'm wondering if it will ruin the system when you initially use it so I can test it on the other one first. Also the menu and interface is very basic so I'm wondering if you can direct me to a tutorial on how to change the skin and if there is a place i can download ones that other people have already made. Thanks

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Not very likely unless you get a really poorly made clone, but I've never heard of any DS's dying from a DSTT. The worst for it was the N5.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that this card doesn't brick your ds. The fake killer only bricks fake cards. The only card I have ever heard brick a ds is a n5.

Canibus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shouldn't have used the word brick. I apologize. What I meant to ask is how likely is it that it will it blow out the fuse in my ds lite.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canibus said:
I shouldn't have used the word brick. I apologize. What I meant to ask is how likely is it that it will it blow out the fuse in my ds lite.

The only card known to do that was the N5, although it's happened to people using other cheap fake/clone carts. It happens because of cheaply made carts with no quality control. The DSTT has one of the better build qualities in my opinion, not the clones tho. I wouldn't worry too much.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
me and 3 of my friends own a dstt and have had them for awhile and i havent bricked or broken the fuse or had any problems. its very simple to use and 100% sure it wont damage ur ds

Canibus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies.

Another question. I should run that fake program as soon as I get it just to be sure it's legit right?

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
u dont have to. all u have to do is remove the fakekiller from the firmware (if it is fake)

i bought mine from dealxtreme and it was real

corsairsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless your absolutely sure that your card is real, don't run the fake killer. It's annoying to bring the card back if you are one of the unlucky ones to get a fake one. Your best bet is just to use the removed fake killer firmware from gbatemp. That's what I did because I got one of the DSTT's with a plastic microSD card holder which is more or less "unconfirmed real" because the DSTT development team never gets back to anyone regarding that issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    fun fact
  • light27 @ light27:
    the first time i ever played on a wii u EVER was when I was getting my ear tubes removed
  • light27 @ light27:
    i was playing wii party
  • light27 @ light27:
    u*
  • light27 @ light27:
    but i only got to play for like
  • light27 @ light27:
    3 seconds
  • light27 @ light27:
    younger me would've never thought that I would have a wii u now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1...