How likely is it that this will brick my DSlite?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Canibus, Sep 18, 2009.

Sep 18, 2009
  1. Canibus
    OP

Newcomer Canibus Newbie

United States
    I have one coming in the mail and want to know how likely it is that this can blow out the fuse in my DS. I have another DS that I can test it on so I'm wondering if it will ruin the system when you initially use it so I can test it on the other one first. Also the menu and interface is very basic so I'm wondering if you can direct me to a tutorial on how to change the skin and if there is a place i can download ones that other people have already made. Thanks

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Not very likely unless you get a really poorly made clone, but I've never heard of any DS's dying from a DSTT. The worst for it was the N5.

3. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    My understanding is that this card doesn't brick your ds. The fake killer only bricks fake cards. The only card I have ever heard brick a ds is a n5.

4. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    and some r4 clones

5. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

6. Canibus
    OP

Newcomer Canibus Newbie

United States
    I shouldn't have used the word brick. I apologize. What I meant to ask is how likely is it that it will it blow out the fuse in my ds lite.

7. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    The only card known to do that was the N5, although it's happened to people using other cheap fake/clone carts. It happens because of cheaply made carts with no quality control. The DSTT has one of the better build qualities in my opinion, not the clones tho. I wouldn't worry too much.

8. Acenima

Member Acenima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    me and 3 of my friends own a dstt and have had them for awhile and i havent bricked or broken the fuse or had any problems. its very simple to use and 100% sure it wont damage ur ds

9. Canibus
    OP

Newcomer Canibus Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the replies.

Another question. I should run that fake program as soon as I get it just to be sure it's legit right?

10. Acenima

Member Acenima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    u dont have to. all u have to do is remove the fakekiller from the firmware (if it is fake)

i bought mine from dealxtreme and it was real

11. corsairsa

Newcomer corsairsa Member

United States
    Unless your absolutely sure that your card is real, don't run the fake killer. It's annoying to bring the card back if you are one of the unlucky ones to get a fake one. Your best bet is just to use the removed fake killer firmware from gbatemp. That's what I did because I got one of the DSTT's with a plastic microSD card holder which is more or less "unconfirmed real" because the DSTT development team never gets back to anyone regarding that issue.