Hacking Question How is your experience with SX OS?

Spacer21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game switching has been really smooth and easy, loads better than having to swap cartridges around.
It does seem to crash occasionally, for me only when going into the game select "album".
I have AutoRCM installed though, it's slightly annoying to have to connect it when it does reset, but so far not a big deal.

Haven't checked the Bomebrew menu launcher yet, but I assume this works.

BoomtownBilly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Enjoyed this thread as someone who has not been following the sx build up it really gives me an insight to how everything works. Has anyone done a really solid in depth video yet¿ the ones I’ve seen have been fairly pish.

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enjoyed this thread as someone who has not been following the sx build up it really gives me an insight to how everything works. Has anyone done a really solid in depth video yet¿ the ones I’ve seen have been fairly pish.
This one would probably be the best I've seen, goes through the setup & activation, game switching, and launching.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If you have an Android that doesn't have a USB C port you can get Micro USB OTG adapter and use your USB A to USB C cable. Otherwise PC it is then. Of course if you keep it charged and or docked it shouldn't be too bad. Only need to use your PC if you fully power it off.
i own 2 otg cables ,will that work?
sorry i mean usb c otg, i own a usb c type phone

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i own 2 otg cables ,will that work?
sorry i mean usb c otg, i own a usb c type phone
You should be able to use the USB C to A OTG hooked up to your type A to USB C cable on your phone going to the Switch. I just picked up a C to C cable for it's size and no need for any adapters.

Last edited by fragged,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You should be able to use the USB C to A OTG hooked up to your type A to USB C cable on your phone going to the Switch. I just picked up a C to C cable for it's size and no need for any adapters.
now i understand, i do have those adapters.
should work for me.

well im still waiting for payment to go through (ordered from 3dsflashcard) still says awaiting credit payment.
only got 3 emails from them, i was told i need to get an email titled 'service' but i did not get one yet :l

used a mastercard giftcard.
wish i knew how to cancel the order from that site.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Not had a single problem in regards to game backups. All worked flawlessly with no crashes.
There is however an issue with the homebrew loader. Some homebrew games/Emulators that worked via hekate either hard crash or run more slowly. However thankfully it is also possible to chainload payloads via SXOS by placing the relevant payloads in the root of the SD - e.g to run memloader or hekate. (Hold volume up while booting SXOS to reach the SXOS Boot page.)

sid6581

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For the games I wanted to play - 0 issues so far. Was skeptical paying for something that might be free one day but it feels like a well-made product and so I'd recommend it. I also hope they'll continue supporting it despite those cracking efforts, with card2 support and homebrew fixes it will be pretty perfect. I'd also like to have a way of installing updates and DLC locally.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Does exactly what it's advertised to do. Money well spent.

0 problems so far.
wherd you get yours from ? x.x
i need to cancel my order from 3dsflashcard, because i get the feeling they are not able to do the processing with the mastercard i used..

i use a gift card, it usually works great with amazon (it only does not work with paypal based sites like ebay).

edit: asked allen ,he said the site does not accept giftcards!!

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

valyndaslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Care to tell me more details of your experience?

I would as describe it as: kids could do it with proper instruction

I suggest you just use the paper clip jig, it doesn't even put any stress on the connector, you will know once you try em
Plus you can just randomly smack them in and it just work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1