How is this laptop for Dolphin?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by joesteve1914, Jul 8, 2017.

1. joesteve1914
    OP

joesteve1914 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 31, 2012
    United States
  2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    It's more processor-oriented. That processor looks capable of doing Dolphin indeed and if my integrated Intel Graphics can somewhat push out Dolphin, the graphics card in there should do you well. I'd give it an okay, although I'd also wait to see what others would say.

3. Amaredeus

Amaredeus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    United States
    The laptop should be able to run comfortably but if you want to run WiiU games on cemu down the road, consider going for something a little more powerful. Also careful with disk hard drives, they usually break after a year or so playing games on laptops.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Did you bother checking the system requirements?:mellow:

5. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    CPU seems to be an 6700HQ, and it's more than enough to run Dolphin. However, the GPU is a R9 M375, which isn't that great. With that, you will probably be able to play GC and Wii games at native resolution, but don't count too much on using graphical enhancements (antialiasing, higher resolution, etc). You also won't be able to play many newer games, so if you want to use this laptop for gaming, you might want to invest in a more powerful one. However, it will be enough if you only want to emulate older consoles and won't play newer AAA titles (released after 2014).

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It doesn't take much to run Dolphin these days, things have changed a lot since it came out. Even a low end i3/i5 (maybe except ULV ones) with the integrated GPU can run games at native res, and with a dedicated GPU, even a low end one like in that laptop, you should be able to do 720p, and that's me being conservative, it might do 1080p no problem or even more.