Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"it's like waiting for christmas x 1000"
smile.gif

to be honest, I'm more pissed off that the south park episode was a multi-parter (and knowing matt and trey), they'll probably milk it and draw that storyline out for another 2 weeks to coinside with the wii's actual release date (you bastards!)

I just confirmed that I'll be able to get everything that I need at launch to help all my friends in the uk with their christmas pressies, now I just need to hire an armored vehicle and body guards
tongue.gif
(my order is approx. 30 wii systems, 80 games and 100 accessories).

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what to do...I'm on the fence...pacing...to get a wii at launch...I don't know...I have about 80 NGC I havent played yet and I have a feeling if I get a Wii those games will never get played....Then there is the whole hassle with the DS....to the DSlite...to the crappy verion of the DSlite that cracked....Nintendo has hurt me..can I trust they won't do that with the Wii? Then part of me says "But Bro...its only $249....even if it cracks....melts...or they come out with a WIILLY COOL Edition....$249...to play Zelda....DO IT....DO IT...I'll cut you....yea...so that's whats going on in my head. I will be doing the midnight Walmart thing to keep a friend company...not sure if I will actually buy a console though. In conclusion the Wii wait is terrible, every press release, every trailer....screams...BUY THE Wii....meanwhile my Cube just looks at me with it's big open LID and says "put a game in me....I need love...." Oh and my DS is like "screw those guys...FF3, Children of Mana, Contact, Pokemon shit...yo bro...you don't need those guys...I'll keep you busy for da ages!"

mewtwo-EX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mewtwo-ex.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can still play your GCN games on the Wii, so your uncompleted games shouldn't be a deciding factor. And the DS can connect to the Wii (in the near future), so that's not a problem. The case cracking on the Lite is really just asthetic (I have a cracked one). If it really bugs you, Nintendo will replace it. I believe the Wii warrentee is 1 year. PS3 is 30 days.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can still play your GCN games on the Wii, so your uncompleted games shouldn't be a deciding factor.Â
LOL if the wii can play my burnt cube dics.....that would rock...backwards compatability not a big factor since I will be keeping my cube anyway. The problem is there is a crap load of PS1 games I never got to when I got my PS2 and a hanful of XboX games I never got to when I got my 360. Regardless of backwards compatability I know that I will be too busy playing Rayman, Excitetruck, and all the cool Wii games...and never get to play games like Eternal Darkenss...I am rushing to try and beat about 30 games over the next few weeks..

As for the cracks....yea Nintendo replaced it with a unit with a stuck pixel...fought with me then replaced it with a unit that has like 9 half lit pixels and looks like it was opened with a butter knife....NOA's quality going down? Dunno but is a big factor in me decieding to get a console at launch. Again the wii wait is making me crazy cause its worse then someone who knows he wants one...I wake up and say wiiii...then I say nooo...then I say wiiii....I just don't know what to do!

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can wait.
smile.gif
I never played it (and wont be doing so in the store) so it's gonna be huge for me when I get my hands on it for the first time with zelda and wii play!
biggrin.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I won't be picking up the Wii at launch.

I'm actually more excited about my pre-order for Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin than I am about fighting through crowds of people looking to obtain a Wii just to have it first. I'm sure when I go in to pick up Castlevania there will be Wii's behind the counter. What I am going to do is pick up the few games I'm interested in so that when I finally do decide to get a Wii, I don't lose out on what I wanted to play.

My DS, GBA and even my GameCube will keep me more than occupied throughout November & December.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I was a kid, waiting for the Wii would be one frustrating experience but now that I'm older and have access to bittorrent, I'm still happily playing away on Okami and PW2. I remember getting a Gamecube on launch day. Such a memorable experience because my dad paid the deposit and when I went to the store... there was no-one there and when I went out with the goods, the alarm sounded. Then several weeks later, Nintendo announces a price drop. I still have that GC.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I've not pre ordered the wii, I'm playing the waiting game. £179.99 for a wii in europe is too expensive

The waiting game sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos.

Not pre-ordered it, just going to walk into town on release day and pick it up, along with monkey ball, wii play and a bunch of extra controllers. If there's a shortage I'll get a mate who works in a game shop to keep one under the counter for me.

If I'm still alive by then, I've got a pain in my chest and I think I'm having a heart attack.
unsure.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I so far haven't resorted to freezing myself, mainly because I have uni and the little matter that I haven't pre-ordered one yet, the retailer I am choosing hasn't started yet though keeps saying they will.

p5100pc3

Trophies
Website
none
XP
Country
United States
I'm camping out a circuit city, even though no one in my city plays games. really just for the experience!

LoL...that's funny! You need company? A troop of us camping right outside the Circuit City would be fun!

Well I'm waiting on all systems. I purchased my 360 almost 8 months after launch. The uber-gamer in me seems to be fading with age. I guess now with bills and expenses, etc, etc, I can only buy things when its within my budget
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s