How fucked am I?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by chris_247, Oct 8, 2015.

1. chris_247
    OP

chris_247 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    So I was trying to install the patched agb_firm to play gba games on my old 3ds with rx tools and the first time I tried to install the CIA it have me an error so I went to delete the Tittle ID 0004013800000202.cia but I didn't notice the 2nd screen and I deleted something that had the right Tittle ID but on the bottom screen it was in the "Builder" section not the CTR section. After restarting everything seemed fine and I was able to install the CIA but as soon as I tried to launch something on Emunand the controls stop working. The 3ds doesnt freeze because I can see the little logos moving like they do when you select something but it's just stuck on the home screen. On system nand through gateway I can go into FBI though gateways game launcher but I have no idea how to reinstall the "builder" I deleted or if it's even possible.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I don't have any specific advice but maybe you could try downloading the whole firmware pack for your firmware and installing them all, so you can get back the one you deleted?

3. DogParty

DogParty Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    If you can get into sysnand and have your controls work then you're "not really fucked." Just make a new emunand and you should be alright. I know it's annoying to reinstall your cias and upgrade the FW but you deleted an unknown title.

Last edited by DogParty, Oct 8, 2015
  4. chris_247
    OP

chris_247 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    yeah I format the emunand and everything is back to normal again. Thanks

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. vinhdt

vinhdt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Please no profanity on the subject line. Use "screwed" instead.

6. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    Okely dokely, neighborino.

7. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Like totally fucked, if you were fucked yesterday and still feel fucked now than you are will continue to feel the fucked.