Homebrew How exactly does system transfer work?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 910
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
Yes, I know about the search function. I'm having trouble finding specific answers to a few specific questions. If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Can you transfer an 11.3 system to an 11.4 system, or do both have to be up to date? I'm not asking if the firmware transfers; I know it doesn't. I just want to know if the transfer would work.

Can you transfer an 11.3 system with CFW to an 11.4 system without CFW? I know this is how you get CFW through DSiware on 11.4, but I don't know if the source has to be on 11.4 to do the transfer.

Your NNID gets transferred. Do you stay logged in or do you have to reenter your password? I did a transfer recently from 11.4 O3DS to 11.4 N3DS, but I can't remember if I stayed logged in

Is it safe to have Nintendo link your NNID to a 3DS with CFW or will that get you banned?

Last edited by ,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both 3DS have to be on the same firmware.

Yes at the condition they are on the same firmware. You get CFW through DSiware because DSiware save files are transferred during the process if you chose "Move DSiWare titles" when prompted.

I don't remember either :)

If you don't tell them that it has a CFW and if it is not banned, there shouldn't be any issue.

D

Deleted User

OP
Both 3DS have to be on the same firmware.

Yes at the condition they are on the same firmware. You get CFW through DSiware because DSiware save files are transferred during the process if you chose "Move DSiWare titles" when prompted.

I don't remember either :)

If you don't tell them that it has a CFW and if it is not banned, there shouldn't be any issue.

Thank you, that's good to know. Also, looking into it more, it looks like you can link the NNID yourself on the formatted 3DS, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs