How exactly does "Export Battery" work in VBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by DiffyQ, Oct 22, 2008.

Oct 22, 2008
  1. DiffyQ
    OP

Newcomer DiffyQ Newbie

United States
    I'm playing the patched version of Mother 3, and right now I have a save state in Visual Boy Advance 1.8 from which I would like to generate a .sav file for use on hardware. So I started up VBA, went to a save point, saved, and went to the menu and chose "Export Battery." But the .sav file that results from that doesn't contain the data from said game-saving, it contains the data from the battery file I imported an hour before making the save state. So how do I get the data that results from saving from within the save state?

2. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Ooh...I have no idea. I haven't played the game myself, I'll be getting a slot 2 soon so that I can do just that....

What hardware are you using?

3. BurlyEd

Member BurlyEd GBAtemp Fan

United States
  4. farmin

Member farmin Member

Australia
    I'm having the same problem as DiffyQ and there's some great info there but it doesn't really help.
    The FAQ doesn't go into any depth at all as to how to use the battery import/export function
    and the quick start guide by SeriousS is exceptionally brief on the same subject.
    Any help would be greatley appreciated!

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    This is supposed to export a raw battery file, but doesn't VBA already generate raw battery files by default?