Homebrew How exactly do you use Braindump?

IrishMelody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically every time I start up Braindump, it immediately starts dumping files without giving me the option to select a game or application. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, so I'm not sure what folder I should be showing, but these are the files it auto-dumps upon startup every single time.

Edit: I know what Braindump is for, I'm trying to use it to dump Fire Emblem files, the issue is that it won't let me select what it dumps, it just starts dumping right away.

Capture.PNG

(I suppose I'm supposed to post this in the Ask! section, but for the life of me I could not figure out how to post over there, I don't know if like the post button just wasn't loading or what, but I could not find an option to post.)

I'm completely new to the whole Homebrew and hacking thing, so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong but I really want to learn, so any help is really appreciated.

Last edited by IrishMelody,

IrishMelody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the thing is you can't learn if you don't try, so if I just didn't do anything simply because i didn't already know how to do it, life would get boring pretty fast.

I do know what it does, I'm trying to get it to dump Fire Emblem files for me, I guess I probably should have made that a bit more clear, but every time I start the app it just starts dumping files right away, with no options of what to dump.

Last edited by IrishMelody,
Reactions: Shikkichu

IrishMelody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have braindump.xml with the 3dsx.

I think this is what went wrong! I'm checking now, thanks in advance. :) If it doesn't help I'll say so.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think this is what went wrong! I'm checking now, thanks in advance. :) If it doesn't help I'll say so.

Seriously thank you so much, that's all it was. I feel like such an idiot, but hey, can't know everything. Though I AM really confused on how I missed such an important file..

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be using an app if you don't know what it does and how to use it.
I'd only say that to a thing that could brick their consoles, random tools, try to help and let them learn from trial and error
I mean I didn't build my very first computer flawlessly (I was 12 at the time), now I can build them perfectly fine

Reactions: IrishMelody

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o