How does the eShop/DLC shops/etc search for updates?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CeeDee, Feb 6, 2016.

1. CeeDee
    OP

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    I'm curious so I can get it working on a frankenfirm 10.3 - I've patched nver, cver, and friends module with no luck as of yet.

Alternatively, is there a way to install a full 10.5 update with a 10.3 home menu, so we can boot old Ironfall?

2. CeeDee
    OP

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    Tried Internet browser with no success there either. Also, using HANS with the eShop brings me a 007-2920 error.

3. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    IronHax is dead, why are you still so interested in using it as an entrypoint when we have menuhax?

4. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Not for <10.3. It's still very useful in emuNAND, though Cubic Ninja takes less space for the same thing.
    It's still good to have as many entrypoints as possible.

5. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    You need to update the friend module(for online gaming) and nver(for eshop). After this you should be able to play online and use hans for eshop access

6. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
  7. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    It's good to have multiple* entrypoints not 'as many as possible'. So long as your entrypoints aren't patched, your goal shouldn't be to get every single one installed.
    If you have OoT or Iron or Menu hax, you're good to go, since those are unpatchable, at least prior to the ironhax kill update.

8. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica