How do you treat your 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Aijelsop, Aug 24, 2011.

Aug 24, 2011

How do you treat your 3DS? by Aijelsop at 7:50 PM (2,667 Views / 0 Likes) 39 replies

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    I honestly treat mine like it's a million dollar bill.

I wipe it off with a cloth every time I'm done using it, (not when I put it in my pocket though) and I don't even let my little brother play it, because his hands could be dirty.
    If I drop it, I have to make sure nothing is scratched up, or broken. I use the circle pad very carefully, I don't ever use it in DS games, or DSiWare. I use the DPAD. I don't move it around like I do with my GCN controllers. I could care less if those break. They're only $7... and I have 6 of them. -.-

I know, I sound a little paranoid about keeping my 3DS safe from harm. XD

I want to know how you treat your 3DS? Do you just throw it around, and hope it works later, or are you like me?

2. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    on a shelf. can't touch/play with it. the glass is between us. the saleslady too.

3. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    mine is collecting dust, I haven't touched it in months

4. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I keep it on a high pedestal. Specifically, an area right above my head so I can listen to music or watch Netflix in bed, and that pedestal being the charging dock.

5. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Every time my bro plays with my 3DS, I tense up a little. This is mainly because he loves to show his 3 yo son some of the things he does on it, and his son doesn't exactly keep his hands to himself.

6. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    I baby my gear in general but I admit I left my 3DS at my gf's place yesterday. They say people tend to forget things that are not important . . .

Nah, I'm just forgetful. [​IMG]

7. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    This. And, I occasionally take it with me in hope of a streetpass or showing it off... I am careful with who I let touch it...

8. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Hmm. Just a portable console. I just get a new one if it dies. I do treasure it though, but i wouldnt go to the point that i clean it up every use and wont let anyone touch it lol.

9. bladepwnedyou

Member bladepwnedyou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Personally i like to toss mine around like a football, i mean that's the only way to get the true experience. Then after a long day of gaming i take the ds, and rub it all over my body.
    After things start to get kinky i take that naughty 3ds and start touchin it and pushing all of its buttons, it loves it when i tickle its camera. Then when i'm all set and done i take it, wipe my ass then throw it into the garbage then buy a brand new one for the next day.

Lmao i just wrote this for laughs.

10. Yeloazndevil

Member Yeloazndevil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    microfiber cloth inbetween it and on my desk collecting dust, still haven't bought hori screen protectors.

11. Karaflaga Tumeeg

Newcomer Karaflaga Tumeeg Member

United Kingdom
    Hard plastic shell with screen protectors, should do the job.

12. Satirical

Newcomer Satirical Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I just got my 3DS today and I'll tell you how I treat it.

The Circle stick seems sturdy enough that I can use it all the time and it should be fine.

I take great care with the touch screen and try to avoid it if not necessary, I lightly tap it when I do; it's the most important piece of the DS and if it gets scratched you just start appreciating the DS less, you start treating it like junk.

The shoulder buttons are much better than the other DS model's shoulder buttons, but I'll still make sure my fingers and hands are clean before I touch them, or the DS at all. It's hard sometimes but I just have to remember.

I won't let anyone else use it, because they'll just fuck it up.

13. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Like the dirty whore it is.

14. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    Exactly the same stuff I do.

15. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    ...you pay it?

16. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Well I have a metal casing on it because I got it free with Ocarina of Time.
    That's the extent of protecting it. My DSlite was tough as fuck. I threw it around, smashed it into things, hit it, and dropped it several times. Not even a scratch. No screen protectors either.

I hardly touch my 3DS, but I don't baby it. It's just a handheld console. I never clean it unless it's really needed.

OP you're a little too paranoid. Especially with the thumbstick thing...just use the damn thing. They're durable as hell and i'm pretty sure have a warranty anyways if something goes wrong with it.

17. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I use to just take extreme caution of mine and I would put that little styrofoam thing they came with between the screens, but now I just turn it on, let whoever use it, toss it in my backpack, pocket, whatever. Doesn't matter, it's a console and meant to be played with. I still take good care of it though, i'll give the screens a good cleaning once in a while, or a little wipe over the console.

18. Byronic Hero

Member Byronic Hero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I keep mine in a metal casing, inside the covering that it came in in the box. And I keep it in the box. Since I've only played 2 games on it, it still looks like it's brand new.

19. Jan1tor

Member Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I take it to the factory where I work every day and play it on breaks and lunch. I let it keep track of my steps there as well. I take it almost everywhere I go. It is usually in my shirt pocket.

20. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    It's perfect for shoring up my wobbly computer chair. (one short leg)
    At other times I use it to pound trim nails back into place.
    And one time I used it to swat a really annoying fly.