How do you think the Switch VC will work?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by CatmanFan, Feb 7, 2017.

1. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan I can't believe I'm using my PS3 again.

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    eye dope no
    Just curious. What do you expect the Switch Virtual Console to actually look like, how do you think it will work and why? Also, feel free to post your own concept images or videos if you like.

For my concept, I have made a few illustrations of what I think the Virtual Console will look like on the Switch. As of now, I only have one illustration showing the HOME Menu game icons. I will add another illustration showing the VC Menu concept later on.

[​IMG]

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    I think it will work how it has in the past. It will appear on the home screen like any other eshop purchase, and have 1 save state.

3. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    One rumor I've seen pop up in a few places in different contexts is that games on the VC may add support for online play. I may be misreading the information, but what I see it tied to a lot is the Gamecube games on the VC, specifically that Melee may offer online matches. I have no idea if that's true, but I'd like to see it happen for sure.

Of note is that NERD is taking over the Virtual Console, they are the team behind the NES Classic and the DS VC games on the Wii U. What I hope this means is that VC games will overall look better and not have all be so needlessly dark. And hopefully have various different display options. We'll see.

I do believe that GC games will probably come to it, and the rumor of an officially localized Mother 3 VC release seems likely to me as well.

4. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    It will have two modes, TV Mode & portable mode,
    TV Mode allows you to access all apps (digitally) on the console, but portable mode will only allow you to boot up into physical games you own, and not access all other features that are meant for TV Mode.

Of course I'm just guessing.
    Also it will support many 3rd party themes, meaning you could add a picture of Donald Trump's face as a theme on your portable controller (or whatever they call it)

5. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    The storage is in the Switch itself, not the dock, so any digital VC games on the Switch should be playable on the TV or on the go like any other digital Switch title.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Hopefully they take a page from PS4 book.
    The side scrolling icon are cool but once you get into a lot of games your have to do a lot of scrolling to find what you need.

Now with the ps4 it does this but it mainly lists your top 5 played games and the others are under an icon called library which then opens up to a 3 by what ever grip.

That would be nice to see on the Switch.

I would hope VC games work kinda like that.
    Have an icon for VC games and then you open that to see a list of your games in a big grid.

7. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ... And most important - they will for sure make you pay again for every game you already bought for wiiu/3ds

migles likes this.
  8. EthanAddict

EthanAddict Founder of Skiddon't-ism

Nov 12, 2016
    Greece
    In a more Stableā„¢ way

Last edited by EthanAddict, Feb 26, 2017
  9. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it will just...work

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  10. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Just like they always do. It's strange that people are worried about VC.. if that matters so much then just play on older consoles.

11. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    shhh don't ruin their business model

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.