Question How do you restore save data from checkpoint to switch internal memory?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Aror, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Aror
    OP

Aror Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2019
    United States
    Hello everyone. Im new to switch mods scene. I have a switch running cfw. My question is how do i move my save data from my sd card to my switch internal memory? I used checkpoint to make a backup and restored my save. However, when i run on ofw, the game shows that there is no save data and i have to restart the game. It seems that my game save data was not stored on the internal memory when i restored it. So, is there a way to move my save from the sd card to the switch internal memory without getting banned?

2. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2018
    Afghanistan
    If you run a setup with both a CFW and OFW, the internal NAND memory (where your savefiles are stored) is different.
    One is on the actual internal memory and the other is on SD card.

The only safe way would be to make a NAND backup, open it with hacdiskmount, add the save files and restore the NAND.
    This way there would be no trace of the CFW.
    More details here :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPira...bility_of_transferring_saves_from_cfw_to_ofw/
    But it's not without risks so decide if it's worth all the trouble.
    All other options like using Checkpoint, involve using a CFW so that will get you banned pretty quickly.

3. Aror
    OP

Aror Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2019
    United States
    Thanks for letting me know...i’ll look it up and if i have any questions i hope you can advice me..thanks again

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted