Hacking How do you rate the r4?

How do you rate the r4 based on your needs?

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Care to enlighten us where the improvements may be?

Fox, your sig's to friggin' big. Put the text in interests or something.
biggrin.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
10/10.

Does everything I want: DS roms, SNES, NES, Genesis, arcade, SMS, Game Gear, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, internet, music, videos, applications, Doom, Quake, Wolf 3d. Only thing it doesn't do (and can't do, so it doesn't count it down) is GBA. (But my 3-in-1 does that)

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would have to say 10/10...EXCEPT for the fact that, if u arent careful and calm, u will break the spring (from older versions).

removing the spring just doesnt cut it..cause u cant push it down all the way, u have to try to line it up. when i get the new ones, i will have nooOoo problems/worries...i think
smile.gif

is there any downsides to the one without the spring?

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
9/10 .. okay.. cyclo is in some ways superior but i would give cyclo only 9/10 too. r4 is really fucking good card. even if i was thinking that they can't fix the problems etc, they have came back with new updates which kicks ass
biggrin.gif

Pamela

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had my R4 for a week so far. I've tested out many DS Roms and there have been no problems. I love this thing!
wub.gif
I also have the new one with no more spring issues. The only issues I have are with some NES and SNES emulated games but I'm not sure if that's an issue with R4 or the emulators I'm using. I don't use the R4 for anything but games so I can't comment on anything else. I would give it a 10 if I knew it wasn't R4 being incompatible with the NES and SNES emulation software.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I rated it a 9/10 because it does everything I want it to do which is run games fine, some need patching but that is a minor nuisance.

I would say it's perfect for my needs but like MisterNero said perfection is something that, by concept, is unattainable.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
7/10

If you asked me to rate it 6 months ago, it would have gotten a 9, perhaps even a 10. But nowadays, it just doesn't even come close to competition. Sure there will be a dozen people after me that ask what I want from it, it can already play all games, etc, but even so, the R4 falls short.

The R4 has no SDHC compatibility, it has about 20 games that need the ARM7 fix, and the GUI is just plain ugly. Those kinds of things are just unacceptable at this time and age, with competition such as the CycloDS Evolution, G6DS Real, AceKard RPG, and the M3DS Real, I cannot understand why the R4 is still so popular, and what all these people are thinking rating it 10/10.

Some of you might comment that the R4 team said they would add SDHC support, but until they do, I highly doubt it. The R4 team has been gone for so long, and I really don't see an update any time soon, which further downgrades the R4.

The R4 was a great cart, and still is, but there is just too much competition. In my opinion, the R4 should be long gone by now, it is old, there are way better carts out. And I honestly hope the M3DS Real can wipe out the R4 legacy. It offers a cheaper price and better features. It annoys me when all my friends who got R4's against my recommendation ask me about the ARM7 patch over and over...

I was generous and rated it 8/10 for much the same reasons.

It's inexcusable that R4 couldn't be bothered to fix the ARM 7 issue, they should have issued a quick fix months ago!
lecture.gif

I gave it 8/10 since I got it when it first came out, but comparing it to say the Acekard RPG, it really only deserves a 6 or 7.
cry.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
9/10. The ONLY thing that would make it more perfect is if it had all the features of an EZFlash 3-in-1 built into it x3 But seeing as that will never happen, I suppose it deserves a 10/10. R4 is EPIC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse