Hacking How do you get the PCE emulator working?

RRWcomicsboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean the new Mednafen pce fast vpk, then a few things: It needs the files in bin/cue, with no changes to their filenames (these settings were how it needed to be done for the PSP retroarch at least), and the syscard3.pce file put into retroarch/cores/system.

MajorMajora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my game files are .bin and .cue. They aren't renamed either. My syscard3.pce is exactly where you said it is. Also put it in the rom folder just in case.

RRWcomicsboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange then, My only other guess if that maybe the paths under Retroarch's Settings/Directory menu aren't set to where all of the different files are and that's affecting it somehow? They should be good by default, and mine worked right after install as well... For me, the only core that was a real problem was Neo Geo, and that was just because it wanted its bios with the roms and not in the system folder.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that a PC engine CD game? If you have a vita with ark/TN-v and you're willing to do a bit of research you could use the emulator contained inside of the Hudson rereleases. It's what I used for the Ys IV TG16 english translation

MajorMajora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange then, My only other guess if that maybe the paths under Retroarch's Settings/Directory menu aren't set to where all of the different files are and that's affecting it somehow? They should be good by default, and mine worked right after install as well... For me, the only core that was a real problem was Neo Geo, and that was just because it wanted its bios with the roms and not in the system folder.
No my settings are still default, that can't be it. I don't have ark/TN-v. I just have henkaku and retroarch. I do however have VHBL.

Thiago Souza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you mean the new Mednafen pce fast vpk, then a few things: It needs the files in bin/cue, with no changes to their filenames (these settings were how it needed to be done for the PSP retroarch at least), and the syscard3.pce file put into retroarch/cores/system.
Works for me. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water