Gaming How do you climb in Super Mario 64 ?

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've asked this question on several platforms now but never got a helpful answer. I hope you can help me with this

I'm currently stuck in Dire, Dire, Docks. I'd like to collect the red coins next to the submarine but I can't manage to climb on that red ceiling. You're usually able to climb on them but Mario doesn't hold onto it. I always pressed the B button and tried to back flip, triple jumping and even tried the sideways somersault but he never holds onto the red climbing ceiling. He either bounces back or doesn't even reach it

Is it possible that these red coins aren't available for me ?

I haven't collected the first star yet but it's still weird for me that I'm not able to climb on that red ceiling

Can someone please help me ?

Thanks in advance

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've asked this question on several platforms now but never got a helpful answer. I hope you can help me with this

I'm currently stuck in Dire, Dire, Docks. I'd like to collect the red coins next to the submarine but I can't manage to climb on that red ceiling. You're usually able to climb on them but Mario doesn't hold onto it. I always pressed the B button and tried to back flip, triple jumping and even tried the sideways somersault but he never holds onto the red climbing ceiling. He either bounces back or doesn't even reach it

Is it possible that these red coins aren't available for me ?

I haven't collected the first star yet but it's still weird for me that I'm not able to climb on that red ceiling

Can someone please help me ?

Thanks in advance
The ceiling in Dire Dire Docks is not climbable. There are moving posts hanging from the ceiling in the red coins "mission". (This is mission/star #3 in this course)
The submarine disappears after getting star #1.

Mario_Dire_Dire_Docks_Red_Coins.jpg Mario_Dire_Dire_Docks_Red_Coins2.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures. No save file for taking screenshots with an emulator at hand so I used my N64 on a CRT (and I have a typo in the picture; missing "b" in climbable)

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't climb on the ceiling in dire dire docks, the star's name gives a hint: "Pole-Jumping for red coins"

However, you have to beat bowser first to make the submarine not be there when you choose the "Pole Jumping for red coins" star.

I tried doing all the stars in order, and ran into this too. so you actually have to beat that second bowser, then come back into the stage.

Reactions: tw_fan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.