Hacking How do you burn WII Games?

psykopat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeh psykocat, i also burnt on dvd+r, best thing for me, i burnt the games then put them back in my dvd drive and used nero info tool and it said the booktype was dvd_rom so it worked, i never changed anything at all, even when i installed it, so could be interesting. i also ordered the wiinja and awaiting delivery. i have nero 7. just check with nero info tool to see if the disk read says booktype dvd_rom. at least i'll say this then watch, it won't work lol

i'm at school for the momment....but i will try this tool when i will be back at home...
thanx for the advice ! (i remember that when i opened an iso, the burn began with "DVD-rom" noticed on nero...a good point !)

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya I just checked it with quickpar and it says its complete but still wont extract with a number of programs ive tried... 
cry.gif
Did you check it with the .sfv file?
Use winrar to extract the ISO.
Yup I checked the sfv with quick par and it says its fine
frown.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Nipi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
On imgburn howd u burn as DVD-Rom?

thanks

At the bottom right of the program you see two icons. The right one says "Change Book Type". Select that one.
In the menu then choose the manufacturer your DVD burner is from and then choose the right options.

What should I do if the manufacturer of my burner isn't there?

Perhaps buy another burner
biggrin.gif

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
btw, my lg 4082b burner doesnt seem to support dvd-rom booktype. However i've burned like 6 games already on samsung pleomax at 4x. My wiinja arrives next week. Is it 100% for sure the disc won't be read like this? Then i'll have to download and write them all again
frown.gif

Nipi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just have my Wii modded with a Cyclowiz chip. [...] my discs aren't recognized.
You're the first person I've seen who has a Cyclowiz. Impressions?

not quite good so it seems
ohmy.gif

I'll give you some impressions:
First of all, I watched how the installation proces took place. First of all there were a lot of screws to be removed. When the Wii was open, the installation was not that difficult. It took the installer about 30 minutes to install the chip, including two wires for the possible updateswitch. He put the end of those wires under the black cap where the GC controllers should be connected. There's no space for a switch inside the Wii.

When I got home, I tried all the games I burned. Sadly none of them worked. Reason was that I burned them on DVD+R. When I updated the firmware of my DVD Burner and burned all the games as DVD-ROM, they were recognized. I played Super Monkey Ball flawlessly, and I also tried Wario Ware.
The last one had some problems. During the storyvideos, the music and animation starts to stutter. During the games self, I have no problem at all. The installer warned me for that, because he had the same problem. I don't know if this is because of the image file, or because of the modchip having problems with the game.

I hope someone else has an answer for this?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
btw, my lg 4082b burner doesnt seem to support dvd-rom booktype. However i've burned like 6 games already on samsung pleomax at 4x. My wiinja arrives next week. Is it 100% for sure the disc won't be read like this? Then i'll have to download and write them all again
frown.gif

I don't think you'll need to download them again. You should be able to make an .iso out of the disks that you have already made. You can then re-burn the iso onto DVD-R media. At least, this is what I'm hoping as I burnt onto DVD+R as well, and I don't think I did it as the -ROM booktype.

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
frown.gif

I don't think you'll need to download them again. You should be able to make an .iso out of the disks that you have already made. You can then re-burn the iso onto DVD-R media. At least, this is what I'm hoping as I burnt onto DVD+R as well, and I don't think I did it as the -ROM booktype.

mmm i'll give that a try then. Don't know if you can copy the wii discs like that but tonight i'll give it a try
smile.gif
thanks for the tip!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

mmm i'll give that a try then. Don't know if you can copy the wii discs like that but tonight i'll give it a try
smile.gif
thanks for the tip!

I would say that you shouldn't just copy them though. Make the ISO, then burn that ISO with the proper settings. Making a copy will also probably make the copy in the same way the original is, depending on your DVD burning software.

I made an ISO from my Excite Truck burn and the ISO shows up the same way with the GC-Tool utility, with the proper name and stuff.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
TY are the greatest, pretty hard to find and quite pricey in Australia though.
Most quality scans of Verbatim DL burned with the 1640 look good. But my drive is very well used and even single layer burns don't look as nice as they used to.
Great burner though and hopefully yours should do those DLs fine.
What's a quality scan and how do I perform one?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What's a quality scan and how do I perform one?
You can do a quality scan with NERO DVD/CD Speed. It comes with NERO and has a couple of great tests.
Not all burners can do quality scans and some are inaccurate.
If you have a Liteon burner you can also use a tool called K-probe.

The tests in NERO DVD/CD speed to look at are the transfer rate benchmark (you want a smooth curve) and the disc quality check.

JonoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regarding the Pi Release of Trauma Center: Second Opinion. I try to unscramble it but unscrambler .04 tells me there is no seed found to unscramble. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nope - that means it IS scrambled, so you need to go about unscrambling it (as you've already attempted to do).

The only thing that I can think of that would give you that sort of error message is a corrupt file. Try running it through the Rawdump 2.0 app instead.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I keep reading something about that the Wii games must be burned as booktype dvd_rom. What is that and how do I know if my burner can burn such?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1