ROM Hack Question How do people join another ACNH island while on Atmosphere CFW?

ereh24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I see people who join another island online with of course a hacked switch because they have unlimited inventory and just been dropping everything. Is this really possible? iF so, how do they do it and how do they avoid getting banned?

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don't use pirated games online, cfw is pretty safe. I've been online with my cfw switch for quite a while now. I have done pretty much everything with it besides installing NSPs. I even played LEGIT xci with sx os

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I saw that, but maybe it could be local play? or is it online?
Beats me, I guess we'll wait until the higher ups respond, who knows more than we both do tbh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As long as you don't use pirated games online, cfw is pretty safe. I've been online with my cfw switch for quite a while now. I have done pretty much everything with it besides installing NSPs. I even played LEGIT xci with sx os
Wait if that's true, then what about the bans? :T

ereh24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

What if the switch has pirated games but has a legitimately bought ACNH, goes online with CFW, plays only ACNH, nothing else. Would that get me banned?

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beats me, I guess we'll wait until the higher ups respond, who knows more than we both do tbh.

Wait if that's true, then what about the bans? :T
Nobody has been banned for using cfw online. They got banned for pirating or for doing something really stupid like cheating in ranked online matches in Splatoon. Nobody will bother you modding Animal Crossing Online with your friends.

ereh24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
T
Nobody has been banned for using cfw online. They got banned for pirating or for doing something really stupid like cheating in ranked online matches in Splatoon. Nobody will bother you modding Animal Crossing Online with your friends.
That's good to know. So it's fine having those pirated games, just dont play them online?

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if the switch has pirated games but has a legitimately bought ACNH, goes online with CFW, plays only ACNH, nothing else. Would that get me banned?
Yes you can't have any installed NSPs or ever had any installed NSPs. If you have a clean NAND backup though you can use that to restore your Sysnand and use that for online, and make an Emunand with incognito installed for pirated NSPs. Best of both worlds

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I would personally just buy Animal crossing - play legit online seeing how installing the nsp updates/dlc are a hassle to deal with since they require steps to get it working.

ereh24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah I would personally just buy Animal crossing - play legit online seeing how installing the nsp updates/dlc are a hassle to deal with since they require steps to get it working.

So can you use that bought ACNH to play online with friends with ACNHPoker?

Yes you can't have any installed NSPs or ever had any installed NSPs. If you have a clean NAND backup though you can use that to restore your Sysnand and use that for online, and make an Emunand with incognito installed for pirated NSPs. Best of both worlds

My little brain cannot comprehend this much. I just bought a hacked switch with atmosphere CFW. It has pirated games in it (ACNH included). Can I delete the pirated ACNH and buy it legitimately, then play the legitimately bought ACNH online while on the CFW while hacking on another friend's island?

SilverJolteon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was banned for using simple homebrew, no nsp’s installed or cheats enabled. Though this was a while ago when it might not have been as safe as it is now. It was back when themes first came out, and that could have been the thing that flagged me.

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can you use that bought ACNH to play online with friends with ACNHPoker?

My little brain cannot comprehend this much. I just bought a hacked switch with atmosphere CFW. It has pirated games in it (ACNH included). Can I delete the pirated ACNH and buy it legitimately, then play the legitimately bought ACNH online while on the CFW while hacking on another friend's island?

No, you would need to ask the original owner for a clean NAND backup, restore that, and only use your Sysnand for legit games. Then use Emunand with incognito for your pirated games. Just deleting the game won't be enough because there will be traces left behind from the pirated NSP. If you or the original owner don't have a clean NAND backup, there is a homebrew to clean your NAND. It isn't 100% safe but its the best chance you have. It's worth a try though because the worst thing that can happen is you get banned, but you already are avoiding going online anyway so it wouldn't make a difference. Also, using NHSE save editor to add the items in offline would be a lot safer than using ACNH Poker. I used the poker online and haven't been banned, but I just did that recently so can't guarantee, where I have been modifying saves for multiple games for awhile and haven't been burnt.

I was banned for using simple homebrew, no nsp’s installed or cheats enabled. Though this was a while ago when it might not have been as safe as it is now. It was back when themes first came out, and that could have been the thing that flagged me.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that nobody has recently been banned for just using CFW. Nintendo used to be able to detect cfw because of the errors they would receive would not be possible with an unmodded system, but newer CFW has crereport installed, which sends errors to your SD card and not Nintendo servers.

Last edited by MichaelShawJr,

J-Matt360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I know you said going online with a save edit file is safe as long as you don't do anything stupid. I just have ACNH and an Emmunand. I load up my save files via JKSV and transfer them locally to my unmodded switch. My question is, how do I transfer my save files to boot off my sys cfw so I can go online with them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Is funny, every week he cries and says that it, I'm leaving this site.