Hacking Question How do one get DLCs for Switch roms?

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How NAND backup would help with console being banned from online? I mean I understand the CFW risks, but what part of it helps with bans?
Not sure i think u can just roll the system back to the copy of tbe nand pre ban i could be way off or to fix a brick maybe.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure i think u can just roll the system back to the copy of tbe nand pre ban i could be way off or to fix a brick maybe.
Actually in context to the guys reply it will restore your system to pre modded state so safe from ban.

Last edited by Irocadiext,
Reactions: ReDEyeDz

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How NAND backup would help with console being banned from online? I mean I understand the CFW risks, but what part of it helps with bans?

There is no guarantee it will help at all. But the concept is you basically roll back the Switch how it was before it was tampered with anything. Rather than go online like a wrecking ball in OFW lol.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no guarantee it will help at all. But the concept is you basically roll back the Switch how it was before it was tampered with anything. Rather than go online like a wrecking ball in OFW lol.
Thought so. I honestly am not a huge online guy anymore. Def not any nintendo titles. Shooters are better on stronger systems as are sports games. I get the portable appeal but i d not eanna play anything too competitive on the go anyway.

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh... if you have ever connected online at any points after installing CFW. Either to read the lastest news, update games, or whatever your probably screwed.

Right now if I was you. Look for preowned switches or replacement tablets and make 1 switch official for online gaming.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh... if you have ever connected online at any points after installing CFW. Either to read the lastest news, update games, or whatever your probably screwed.

Right now if I was you. Look for preowned switches or replacement tablets and make 1 switch official for online gaming.
Yeah mine has been in airplane mode since last week. I d like to avaoid a ban if i can but am not stressed if it happens as i said i d never really play nintendo online titles, never been a smash bros guy as i m sure everyone is dying for or poken. I wonder if firmware updates will be available for offline install. For when newer games require it.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is installing NSP DLCs the same as installing full NSP games?
Same process, but you would need to have the game on you micro sd card in either .nsp format to install it with devmenu or .xci format which is a dump str8 from cartridge, for the dlc nsp to work. Dlc isn t standalone. Also u may have to install the games update for the dlc to work before installing the dlc. Not sure if installation order matters, but i remember it def did on ps3 mod days so i d go in order, game update first the dlc.

Last edited by Irocadiext,

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Same process, but you would need to have the game on you micro sd card in either .nsp format to install it with devmenu or .xci format which is a dump str8 from cartridge, for the dlc nsp to work. Dlc isn t standalone. Also u may have to install the games update for the dlc to work before installing the dlc. Not sure if installation order matters, but i remember it def did on ps3 mod days so i d go in order, game update first the dlc.
Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, of course I would need a game, that part was obvious :)

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you backup the NAND prior to getting banned and then you restore the NAND while you are banned, that does not unban the console. When the console is banned, it is banned, period.

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the right way of approaching dumb questions like mine :) Yes, Zelda and original voiceover for Xenoblade.

There is like 4 DLCs for Xenoblade 2. The voice pack will be the 840mb or so NSP DLC Xenoblade Chronicles 2 [0100e95004039063]

Hope that helps!

Let me know if it works.

Last edited by Drban789,

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I just shortened it to just Xenoblade as it's the only one on the console right now.
Oh. I guess u just meant a certain voice dub for part 2? I wanted to play that but i didn t ave wiiu tried to play 3ds version but those textures did my brain in. Gonna eventually play part 1 with wiiU emulator on my pc.

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There is like 4 DLCs for Xenoblade 2. The voice pack will be the 840mb or so NSP DLC Xenoblade Chronicles 2 [0100e95004039063]

Hope that helps!

Let me know if it works.
Thanks a lot for all the help

Oh. I guess u just meant a certain voice dub for part 2? I wanted to play that but i didn t ave wiiu tried to play 3ds version but those textures did my brain in. Gonna eventually play part 1 with wiiU emulator on my pc.
Pretty much the same for me. 3ds port is just a pixel mess and even with my good eyesight it's horrendous.
Now Xenoblade 2 (which is a sequel/prequel/differentgame) has an english dub by default and it's far worse (especially accents) than the original voice. Good thing that there is a free dlc that you can download from eshop that will allow you to change it from english to japanese.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do those require your console specific certificate?
U dnt even need those anymore i dnt think. Just the nsp files and devmenu app. I think those u mentioned were to enable u to directly download the nsp from nintendo server, maybe other stuff as well but people have uploaded nsp files for us. Just google for em. Huge collections.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks a lot for all the help

Pretty much the same for me. 3ds port is just a pixel mess and even with my good eyesight it's horrendous.
Now Xenoblade 2 (which is a sequel/prequel/differentgame) has an english dub by default and it's far worse (especially accents) than the original voice. Good thing that there is a free dlc that you can download from eshop that will allow you to change it from english to japanese.
Ah ok. Hopefully u caan find the dlc nsp files. They should be out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-