Question how do i verify or check nsp/xci?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by tides, Jul 18, 2019.

1. tides
    OP

tides GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    is there any way to verify nsp/xci to check if they are brickers ?

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I've wondered this too. I think I know how the bricking is done. I think one of the blocks (63?) gives the file full access of the file system. doing this manually seems like a lot of work. I don't own a hacked switch, but I've read that tinfoil (is that it?) can determine if it's been tampered with. what I usually do is just verify with nsp verify on the pc. not really sure, but it may be able to tell if the file has been tampered with.

3. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-game-info-for-macos-and-windows.528419/

brickachu was successfully detected as dangerous by this app, although some homebrew nsps were detected as well. but if you only care about verifying you game nsps then this'll work

godreborn likes this.
  4. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Jan 18, 2017
    Brazil
    NSPVerify; NX Game Info; XCI Explorer all can help you in this.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    interesting. what does it mean when it says signature not passed? I have several dlc like that. also, dlc has no brick code? 'cause my list of dlc is blank.

Last edited by godreborn, Jul 18, 2019
  6. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    basically only official nca will have signature verified. so homebrew nsps and converted (xci to nsp and vice versa) will not pass, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has brick code in it
    afaik dlc only has data nca, no executable in it so there's no brick code
    and as for dlc with signature not passed, usually they are not the actual dlc but simply unlocker

Last edited by Garou, Jul 18, 2019
    godreborn likes this.