How do I use QCMA?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TwilightWarrior, Dec 13, 2015.

1. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    I got it to work some how two weeks ago but now I'm having the same problem. I connect my vita to my PC and I get the connected notification. I then go to content manager on my vita (Bubble jumping up and down) but when it is connecting it says it needs to update and then I get a notification saying disconnected on my PC.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Santaros

Santaros GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2013
    You need to go into settings and set the Vita to flight mode, then restart it and it should work fine. The nag screen only appears after you have connected to the internet.

3. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    You should be using Vita Update Blocker 1.2 to prevent this before using QCMA
    There's a tut on setting up vita update blocker if you don't know how, It takes like two mins.

4. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    Yeah, I ended up using it and it worked. It's cool now, just that I thought it wasn't needed before.

LameNobody likes this.
  5. zekepliskin

zekepliskin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2015
    Hampshire UK
    VitaUpdateBlocker for using qCMA, really? Never needed that myself. In most cases I can keep the WiFi on and still use qCMA when I need as well.

6. Santaros

Santaros GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2013
    It's just for the update nag, depends on how you use it. From what I recall if you connect the Vita to QCMA before Wifi it will work but not after.

7. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    -nvm...