How do I update my R4 firmware??

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by craved567, Mar 16, 2011.

1. craved567
    OP

craved567 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    I have an r4-II for the ds and ds lite. It was made by r4dsl.net and they stopped making firmware for it after v1.18. I have tried to update my r4 with the wood 4 v1.26 firmware but it doesn't work. I was wondering why it doesn't work and what firmware I should download to make my R4 work and be able to play newer games. Also, I am pretty sure that my R4 is real not a clone because I looked at this website http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/. My R4 is under the everything r4 category and it says r4dsl.net. So any suggestions what I should do?

2. r3gR3t

r3gR3t GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2010
    United States
    The pits of Hell
    There's a sticky about that...
    Also, use the Xtremely usefull SEARCH button (available while supplies last). [​IMG]

3. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Try to see if you can get this to work:

http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases

I am not sure what your card is a clone of, but it is DEFINITELY a clone. an R4 with anything else on the name that's not ''R4 Revolution'' is automatically a clone as it was not made by the original team.

So if you have an R4-II, R4-III, R4super mega special happy meal platinum XXX 3d edition, etc. is a clone.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  5. TheGreatRedDrago

TheGreatRedDrago Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    Canada
    Okay, so wait a minute here. My R4 card says R4i with v1.45 in a star shaped symbol. Underneath the R4i logo, there is "Upgrade". Then under that "Revolution for DS". Under that, (DSi LL/NDSi/NDSL/NDS). Under that: Http://www.r4ill-net.com inverted in black. All this on a gold foil sticker. Is this a clone? I had recently assumed it was, but now that you mentioned the Revolution end of things, I am curious.

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    "R4 Revolution" is original.
    YOU have "R4i Upgrade Revolution"

Clone.

7. TheGreatRedDrago

TheGreatRedDrago Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    Canada
    Alright. That solves that problem. [​IMG] Now, I just need to get the proper firmware for it, so I can get rid of all the stuff that does not work or isn't compatible, and I will be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice