Hacking How do I setup my Acekard 2i?

PeepingTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just bought an Acekard 2i. What do I need to do to get started? eg. which files do I need to download and where do I put them.

Thanks for your help.

forster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.monica-harris.com
XP
Country
Id suggest the official Acekard site (http://www.acekard.com/), or GBAtemps review has a lot of helpful information (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122563).

Incidently, if you google 'acekard', they are also the top two links, and takes significantly less time than typing out yet another thread
wink.gif

Andytoxic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.credge.audio
XP
Country
Russia
You must first download the firmware and put it on your SD card to allow your Acekrd to start

There are two types of firmware: The original firmware and the custom firmware, called AKAIO.

The original firmware has less functions than the custom firmware, I recommend you to download the AKAIO because it has 3in1 support, it supports several save files , media plugins and so on.

Here you can download the newest version, just unzip the files in the archive and put them onto the root directory of your SD card.

EDIT: since you have the AceKard 2i you should only use the AKAIO version 1.4.1
because the older versions can damage your AK2i (correct me when i'm wrong)

And here is the AKAIO wiki if you have any questions about how to use it or how to use skins and so on.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
PeepingTommy said:
I have just bought an Acekard 2i. What do I need to do to get started? eg. which files do I need to download and where do I put them.

Thanks for your help.
Do you mind telling us uk users where you bought it from please

PeepingTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've installed the AKAIO files, but I'm having trouble locating the games folder full of .nds files that I've put on the card - after clicking the Micro SD on the launcher on the DS, it goes to an empty list.

Where should I be putting my files?

Thanks

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PeepingTommy said:
I've installed the AKAIO files, but I'm having trouble locating the games folder full of .nds files that I've put on the card - after clicking the Micro SD on the launcher on the DS, it goes to an empty list.

Thanks

Let me guess, you created a games folder inside the __akio (or whatever it's called). You list is empty because that folder is hidden by default. You can edit that line in the globalsettings.ini file but you can just create a games folder on the root directory of your micro sd.

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:

Thanks

The common way to where to put the roms in is a folder in your sd-root. So in Windows "X:\games" - X is the letter of your flashcard when plugged into your computer.

I used the files hiding functions of windows to hide a lot of files created by homebrew apps, so that I don't have to look throught all files. If you are using DSOrganize, you can start that app and it provides a hiding functionality within the Browser, so that you don't even need to plug in the sd card into your computer.

One last little hint. Don't tought the _aio folder once your system has been installed, only if you really know what you are doing
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: