How do I setup my Acekard 2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by PeepingTommy, Apr 17, 2009.

Apr 17, 2009
  1. PeepingTommy
    OP

Newcomer PeepingTommy Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have just bought an Acekard 2i. What do I need to do to get started? eg. which files do I need to download and where do I put them.

Thanks for your help.

2. forster

Newcomer forster Member

United Kingdom
    Id suggest the official Acekard site (http://www.acekard.com/), or GBAtemps review has a lot of helpful information (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122563).

Incidently, if you google 'acekard', they are also the top two links, and takes significantly less time than typing out yet another thread [​IMG]

3. Andytoxic

Newcomer Andytoxic Advanced Member

Germany
    You must first download the firmware and put it on your SD card to allow your Acekrd to start

There are two types of firmware: The original firmware and the custom firmware, called AKAIO.

The original firmware has less functions than the custom firmware, I recommend you to download the AKAIO because it has 3in1 support, it supports several save files , media plugins and so on.

Here you can download the newest version, just unzip the files in the archive and put them onto the root directory of your SD card.

EDIT: since you have the AceKard 2i you should only use the AKAIO version 1.4.1
    because the older versions can damage your AK2i (correct me when i'm wrong)

And here is the AKAIO wiki if you have any questions about how to use it or how to use skins and so on.

4. nintendolinky

Member nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Do you mind telling us uk users where you bought it from please

5. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
  6. PeepingTommy
    OP

United Kingdom
  7. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Only read the sticky threads about akaio at the top of this forum, then you know how to setup. [​IMG]

8. PeepingTommy
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've installed the AKAIO files, but I'm having trouble locating the games folder full of .nds files that I've put on the card - after clicking the Micro SD on the launcher on the DS, it goes to an empty list.

Where should I be putting my files?

Thanks

9. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Let me guess, you created a games folder inside the __akio (or whatever it's called). You list is empty because that folder is hidden by default. You can edit that line in the globalsettings.ini file but you can just create a games folder on the root directory of your micro sd.

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    1.3 final +

-another world

11. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    The common way to where to put the roms in is a folder in your sd-root. So in Windows "X:\games" - X is the letter of your flashcard when plugged into your computer.

I used the files hiding functions of windows to hide a lot of files created by homebrew apps, so that I don't have to look throught all files. If you are using DSOrganize, you can start that app and it provides a hiding functionality within the Browser, so that you don't even need to plug in the sd card into your computer.

One last little hint. Don't tought the _aio folder once your system has been installed, only if you really know what you are doing [​IMG]