Hacking How do i remove a9lh?

AppleSeeder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really bad at this. I have like 30 different NAND backups all over the place with really crappy labels/foldernames. Makes matters worse when you're trying to keep O3DS/N3DS separate. For A9LH stuff I just made a folder "NAND BACKUPS 9.2/10.7 BEFORE/AFTER AL9H", have the files appended with original/a9lh respectively, and a readme describing the state of each and which to restore if things go screwy. It's too important to get confused. I also have the OTP in there.

Hey, I have a good suggestion. I have backup files for five different consoles, I named each folder with console serial number, that way you will by no means to get confused. Maybe you can captions such as "XXX's N3DSXL Red" next to the serial numbers.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a good suggestion. I have backup files for five different consoles, I named each folder with console serial number, that way you will by no means to get confused. Maybe you can captions such as "XXX's N3DSXL Red" next to the serial numbers.

It's not so hard keeping the consoles separate. Just having folders/files prefixed with O3DS and N3DS work fine. The bigger issue is keeping track of how old or new a backup is, what SD files correlate with it, and all that jazz.

Like, my 9.2-NoA9LH sysnand backup isn't linked with anything. It's fresh formatted and maybe has FBI. My 10.7 emunand is a new emunand that reconnected NNID, is my current officially linked NAND, and has my games/saves. My 10.7-A9LH sysnand is the migrated 10.7 emunand. But I also have a 10.3 sysnand backup (edit: Actually I don't have that NAND backup, but I have the SD files...) that has the same games/saves as the 10.7 emunand, but it's linked with my O3DS emunand which is now unofficially linked because of the new 10.7 emunand. My O3DS sysnand is still at 9.2 and AFAIK it's fresh with nothing linked.

Either way, I've never honestly had to restore a NAND backup outside of the OTP/A9LH setup. So at this point I could really just scrap any backups I have, and just keep extra special care of the A9LH/pre backups.

Edit: I have a readme included with the new backups to help keep track :P

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm doing the same thing today/tomorrow to get back a 9.2.20 U backup. I did it on my non primary 3DS by creating a new emunand, copying over the cia versions of Plaisysupdater, tinyformat and the 9.2.20 U update folders. I booted into emunand (holding L), used Plaisysupdater, tinyformat X2. I then used decyrpt9 to inject my original health and safety app. It worked well, but the H&S icon still showed FBI, even though it wasn't...

I tested it by turning the downgraded emunand into sysnand, and it worked as expected, and I could still use SafeA9LHinstaller with my OTP to get it back to exploitable firmware.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm really bad at this. I have like 30 different NAND backups all over the place with really crappy labels/foldernames. Makes matters worse when you're trying to keep O3DS/N3DS separate. For A9LH stuff I just made a folder "NAND BACKUPS 9.2/10.7 BEFORE/AFTER AL9H", have the files appended with original/a9lh respectively, and a readme describing the state of each and which to restore if things go screwy. It's too important to get confused. I also have the OTP in there.

Yeah, proper folder naming convention helps to prevent confusion.

I intend to get another external hard drive and back up my Nands and data,
And perhaps a few Google Drives.
Basically, I wanna have multiple save locations.

My console currently runs on updated sysNAND+CakesFW and I am thinking to replace it with Luma3DS. The problem is changing CFW to Luma would require placing OTP.bin in the luma folder.
I do not know whether downgrade updated sysNAND to 2.1 would work at all, so my plan is to restore everything to completely official firmware (10.7.0), then just start over from the beginning, treating it as a unmodded console.

Well 10.7 sysnand without cfw would probably not be a good idea, cause you would have to risk down grading to 9.0-9.2 again.

Last edited by Queno138,

AppleSeeder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, proper folder naming convention helps to prevent confusion.

I intend to get another external hard drive and back up my Nands and data,
And perhaps a few Google Drives.
Basically, I wanna have multiple save locations.

Well 10.7 sysnand without cfw would probably not be a good idea, cause you would have to risk down grading to 9.0-9.2 again.

Sounds the best way for me would be creating an emuNAND and downgrade to 9.2 then copy to sysNAND? That should be much safer than doing directly on sysNAND. I will make sure backups are made as required.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sounds the best way for me would be creating an emuNAND and downgrade to 9.2 then copy to sysNAND? That should be much safer than doing directly on sysNAND. I will make sure backups are made as required.

Yeap, downgrading on emunand would certainly be better.

At least if it freezes or doesn't boot, you know that the downgrade failed.

Just make sure you sure the correct region and correct 3ds files

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Welp.

Okay, if I'm not mistaken, he's talking about updating to firm right.

I think you may wanna ensure your present A9LH nand is on 9.0-9.2
(maybe create an emunand, downgrade it in emunand using plaisysupdater, ensure it works, then flash it over to your sysnand and pray it doesn't brick)

You could very well easily write to firm, but the issue in my mind is whether would you still be on a exploitable firmware.

Edit:

Weird idea,
Does downgrading A9LH sysNAND to 2.1 allows one to get their OTP?

Also, always back up before doing anything crazy.
A9LH wouldn't work on 2.1. Even if it did, there would be no cfw to support it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: