Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says to reinsert the cart.

Hey, be nice. He needs our help.

I can help:

Load up your rom first then:

go to OPTIONS>Emuation Setup>NDS Cartridge Backup Media> Choose your savetype> Click OK>Save Options>File>Reset Cartridge. That's all.

If your savetype is wrong then change the savetype and follow those instruction again. ENJOY!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, Rockman is correct.

Most games are 8 kb EEPROM. However more prominent first party games use 256 kb FLASH. Pokemon is the only game that uses 512kb FLASH as far as I know. No game uses FRAM as to this date. Hope this helped.
wink.gif

Pokemon is saving and loading fine for me with save type set to FLASH 256 kbytes. However I think you're right and the actual size is 512 kbytes. What happens is just Pokemon maintains 2 saves: latest and older each one of 256 kbytes.

This behavior is causing troubles in flashkits like the DS-X which so far uses a 2 Mbit (256 kbytes) EEPROM but allow for the game (Pokemon here) to "borrow" a chunk of flash memory to allocate the whole save size if required. This is what the DS-X calls a "dinamic" EEPROM.

The problem is that currently the DS-X sometimes "forgets" to recall that "borrowed" chunk upon writting EEPROM contents to the .SAV file. This is the cause of why people is reporting that Pokemon "remember" their last save even when they have deleted the .SAV file.

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried changing the save type but still getting the reinsert game after loading the rom file from my PC any other suggestion ?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blow in the slot

Go get high. You're not funny.

It says to reinsert the cart.

You're not funny 'cuz you're from Canadia.

In the end, when someone asks for fucking help, you help the guy. You don't troll the topic you arrogant morons.

On topic: Forget about no$gba emulation; it's physically impossible to run an emulator for Nintendo DS for certain games at full speed. Just give up. If you really want to be a commerical leecher, then buy a flash-cart, it's the only way to play backups at full speed at the moment. Although many people are trying to diagnose the problem you have now, and I'm not helpful enough, you're problem, rest assured, will be solved as soon as possible.

Later.

Hey Shiro786... Take it Easy!
wink.gif

He may lack experience, that's all. I think people like you give him a hard time and that's not cool.
unsure.gif

Playing the games on the emulator is not wrong but to sell for a profit as piracy is wrong ... Excuses for wanting to use an emulator or not doesn't matter.
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1