Homebrew How do I recover saves from Nintendo file format?

Rayek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone.

So it seems, I managed to get my emuNAND partition corrupted when updating my emuNAND firmware. When I try to launch it, I get

Code:
unknown pkg1 version hos version not supported!
or emummc corrupt!

I tried various solutions I found here and online but to no avail.
However, I did manage to mount the USER Partition in NxNandManager in Windows and would now like to backup my save data so I can do a clean format of the SD-card and start from scratch.

So how can I do this? I assume, the save information is stored in /save/ and /saveMeta/ but How can I recognize which game e.g. 000000000000000b refers to?

Also are there any tools that can read these files and convert them to the file format used by Checkpoint or EdiZon?

I had a look into Hactool and tried to use the keys I got with biskeydump but am not sure how to proceed. When I do something like this:

Code:
hactool.exe -k keys.txt -x 0000000000000002

I get

Code:
[WARN] prod.keys does not exist.
[WARN]: Failed to match key "hwi", (value "*key*")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "sbk", (value "*key*")
Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?
Done!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Okay I think I figured a way. For anyone in the future experiencing a similar problem, you can use hactoolnet.

This allows you to extract the save data. Then you can backup a new save of each game that you want to restore and compare the save file format in order to find out, which save belongs to which game.

Last edited by Rayek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-