Homebrew how do I install retroarch? please help!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 50,449
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
I installed retro arch on the 3ds but it boot to a black screen i cant find a tutorial and dont know where to put the folder on the sd card or if I should install all the cias please help

Player-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed retro arch on the 3ds but it boot to a black screen i cant find a tutorial and dont know where to put the folder on the sd card or if I should install all the cias please help

you don't have to install all the cias. put the retroarch folder on the root of your sd card then install the cias you want to use.

if you want more info on setting up retroarch for 3ds visit this thread

Reactions: donut32

donut32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I would suggest going to the libretro website, downloading the CIA from there and installing via FBI - this would be the easiest option rather than manually install which may be leading to your black screen?

The libretro website also has install guides under the 'getting started' menu item.

There are either CIAs for each core, or you can install the all-in-one CIA.

Read up on cores that require a BIOS file, and where to store ROMs & BIOS on your SD card - Google can help you from here.

Reactions: Roquentin

Roquentin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I checked the site link - and what you suggested makes sense, but I cant find anything specific to the 3DS in the 'getting started' section (seems to be focused on PC). However, you seems to know what you are talking about. Any chance you could add a few bullet point pointers, or a link to a specific thread on the Libretro site?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.