How do i install moonshell on AK2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ExDee, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009
  1. ExDee
    OP

Member ExDee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently bought the Acekard 2i.It's works perfectly except sometimes when i choose a rom, it gets stuck. So I restart it then just do it again. I extracted moonshell.nds+ folder in my microsd directory. I choose moonshell.nds but it gets stuck ALL the time. For games, it's rare. But when I try to choose moonshell.nds, it's ALL THE TIME. Can anyone tell me how they installed moonshell to the acekard if they did?

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    If you're using AKAIO you need to update to the newest loader. Before the loader wouldn't let homebrew run and the AK Team did something (forgot) that broke AKAIO's functions to run roms.

I installed moonshell by dragging the moonshell folder or w.e its named in the zip file to the root of my micro sd. I put the moonshell.nds file or w.e its called into my roms folder. (well actually I'm using moonshell 2 beta 9)

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    1) download Beta 10.
    2) copy moonshell.nds,moonshl2 folder, & LanguageSelect.exe to ur Micro SD
    3) launch LanguageSelect.exe from ur MicroSD
    4) select drive & choose 007 (should be english, not 100)
    5) delete LanguageSelect.exe from MicroSD
    6) eject and launch on AK2i

~ Jon

works on my AK2.1

EDIT: Sorry for all the mistakes, I added this post from my Wii and I vaguely remembered the LanguageSelect.exe language numbers. The above directions are accurate.

4. ExDee
    OP

United States
    did it but it always gets stuck when i try to choose moonshell in my ak. i have AKAIO and the new ak loader. wtf but it keeps freezing

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i've tested every version, before making a front page news post on it, using an ak2.1 with akaio. they all work just fine. perhaps your problem is that your msd is corrupt in someway. have you tried using the panasonic formatter on it?

-another world

6. ExDee
    OP

United States
    I figured out the problem. everytime it tried to show a corrupt game, it goes stuck!. i had like 5 games that became corrupt wtf?! it's working fine now. except when i try to load the moonshell. do i need to DLDI patch it? it gives this screen saying

A fatal disk error has occured

the cluster link w as cut on the way
    the file has maybe corrupted.

recovery report:
    please back up all files to avoid data loss.
    Restore files after formatting your memory

the application has halted unexpectedly

WTF?!

But when i restart my ds, it's working fine. Unless i open moonshell

7. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Plug the sd card into your pc and use chkdsk to see if there are any fat file system errors. I hope you have backuped your flash. I'm also running moonshell 2.0 beta 10 on my akaio 1.4.1 by starting it out of dskiosk - all is running very smooth. [​IMG] If you are running DSOrganize you may corrupt your filesystem because there are several bugs in it, thats what I tested so far. Hope after checking your disk it run better. Ah and if there are errors in the fat file system, copy all down from that disk and format it with panasonic.

8. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    if this advice will be working - it makes me very happy, cause I was trying many things to make moonshell work on AKAIO 1.5. Now I am going to format my microSD card... I hope it will works. Thx in advance

EDIT: THX THX THX... Format was working... now I am using MS 1.6 (very old, but nice) without any problem...