How do I generate xorpads?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rhapsody, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Rhapsody
    OP

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
    I've been browsing around the internet for a bit, trying to install my .3ds games as CIA games. I need to have xorpads, however, and every source I go to is either needlessly complicated and hard to understand, or for an older version of the firmware.

Let's go over what my system is and what I've done so far.

My system is an n3DS on 9.2.0-20U. I've set up my emunand completely with PastaCFW and rxTools. I have the .3ds files I want to convert to CIAs, and I've created an ncchinfo.bin file with the Simple CIA Converter. At this point, I've put the rxTools .3dsx file in my 3ds folder to be able to run it from the Homebrew Menu, and I've put the bin file in the root directory of my filestructure. Here's a quick overview of what my root directory looks like.

So what do I do now? Launching rxTools from the Homebrew Menu in sysnand takes me to my emunand. I haven't tried launching rxTools in emunand, which I'm going to try now, but what should I be expecting to happen? Am I doing something wrong?

2. Rhapsody
    OP

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
    Found it out. You have to hold L while booting rxTools to open the menu. I tried this before and it didn't work for some reason, but it did now.

It's nice and dandy, but I wish people weren't so vague with this information; the only reason I found it is because of a post in the rxTools thread literally an hour ago.

3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You can also use decrypt9 for xorpad generation, I find it more convenient as rxtools often shows black bottom screen for me and also you can unmount sd in decrypt9 directly without having to switch off the device.

Ammako likes this.
  4. Rhapsody
    OP

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
    I checked it out for future reference, and there's multiple versions I can choose from, including web and bootstrap. Which do I choose?

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    What?
    Use the 3dsx version for homebrew launcher just like any other homebrew app.

6. Rhapsody
    OP

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
  7. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Ammako likes this.