Gaming How do I fix this lil situation?

Khaos4wood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so my friend bricked his PSP not too long ago, so he sold the accessories and everything to GameStop and gave me the bricked PSP. So all I have is the PSP and a Pandora battery, no charger/USB cable/Memory Card or anything. So I was wondering if anyone could give me a few links and tell me exactly what I am gonna need to get this PSP up and running, and about how much it's gonna cost me.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All you need is a 512MB memory stick with the exploit loaded on there since you already have the pandora battery.

RyanfromtheShire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be more specific, you'll need a memory stick (at least 512 mb).

You'll need a charger to charge your pandora battery. (You'll need one to play it later on anyways)

You'll also need a USB cable to connect your PSP to your computer.

*Here is an easy app to turn your memory stick into a "Magic Memory Stick":

http://dl.qj.net/TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-...14749/catid/193

Connect your PSP to your computer, then run the installer I linked above.

Now put in your charge pandora's battery and boot up your PSP. It should load off the memory stick now and enable you to install the custom firmware.

There is also a tutorial in the PINNED thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68111

*note: If you the memory stick doesn't work, try running the installer again. I've personally used this app on several occasions.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not quite true....you'll certainly need a charger, but if it was on CFW before the brick, and you can access the Recovery menu from cold boot by keeping the R shoulder button depressed, you won't even need the Pandora....Hellcat's Recovery Flasher is the ultimate firmware flasher for semi-bricks.

So first things first...certainly get yourself a Memory Stick (Sandisk 4Gb is a good multi-purpose choice...always go Sandisk!) and the charger and see if you can get to Recovery.

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
Prelimnary questions. Was it flashed with custom firmware before the brick? Does it power on (green light/no screen)?

If it had no custom firmware and powers on then use this method: Get a mem stick, 1GB is enough and use RainsMMSLite to make a magic memory stick, stick in the pandora battery while holding L trigger and see if it boots, select "install 5.00M33-6"

If it had custom firmware/cfw then use Hellcats Recovery Flasher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1