Hacking How do I fix NTR Streaming "blocking operation" error?

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use NTR streaming for the first time, and I keep getting this error in the NitroStreamer log:
Connecting... OK:
Connected OK:
Remoteplay initiated. This client will disconnect in 10 seconds.
ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
OK: Server disconnected
OK: Disconnected
I've looked all over and can't find anywhere that someone has actually solved this problem and posted anything about their solution other than something like "It just started working at some point" or "Run the app as admin"
I've set up a rule in Windows Firewall to allow port 8000, I've been running Nitro Streamer as admin, and I've added all the files from the starter kit to the right places. My N3DS is running 11.2 via Luma and I'm trying to stream to a Windows 7 Boot Camp partition that's connected to my router via an Ethernet cable.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this will work for you, but for me I just uninstalled python 2.7, reinstalled it, then installed Iron Python, because it is listed as a dependency for NTRClient.
Here is where to get Iron Python:
http://ironpython.net/

Last edited by Ailuros27,

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you only get that error when you actually aren't connected to wifi while connecting NTRviewer/nitro to the 3ds. i suggest using the mem patch first then clicking connect before you go into the actual game on the 3ds. if you need online capabilities, you will need to connect online first (and each and every time afterwards after you disconnect) to make ntrviewer "unfreeze" (all while never hitting the mem patch button). btw you have no errors in your log. that all is suppose to happen. this method of streaming is finiky and has made me realize how much a hardware cap card is worth compared to this, but none the less, this is free. the biggest issue you and everyone else will have is deciding if you need to restart your 3ds to switch to offline play or online play.

DannyMac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See all I get is this :
ERR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.101:8000
My ip is correct, hell, i haven't changed anything since my last time using Nitro stream. It's just irritating that it has to be this finnicky and buggy. It makes me not want to stream sometimes but oh well, that's just what we're working with. Still, I'd appreciate some sort of fix for this..no idea why this is happening.

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are trying to play pokemon when in menu send memory patch and then connect. then losd pokemon.

If you want to play pokemon online and record go into the plaza ect then just connect no memory patch.

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is a "normal" error.
It appears because the client is disconnected, which is what should be done.

But before you've used the remote stream command, did you start the ntrviewer app ?
What are the log in it ?

It might just be a NTR side problem.

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what game are you trying to stream? and do you have the newest version of nitro?

if pokemon s&m, it's already been explained in the posts above this on what you'd need to do.

if it's about this specific error: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.101:8000" this means you tried to "connect" via nitro while the 3ds went into offline only mode (i.e. a game that does auto shuts off wifi connectivity that doesn't use it or needs to be switched on in game). this is why the mem-patch was coded into NTR; to counter this. this code also comes up if you connected on the home menu, and then launched a game that auto shuts down wifi and you try to re-"connect" via nitro again. again, mem patch before you launch to get around this.

specifically to pokemon, you can't free go online and offline no matter what. I'm hoping someone will eventually work on NTRviewer to autodetect when you need a memory patch and when don't need it. maybe in the distant future =\

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
See all I get is this :
ERR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.101:8000
My ip is correct, hell, i haven't changed anything since my last time using Nitro stream. It's just irritating that it has to be this finnicky and buggy. It makes me not want to stream sometimes but oh well, that's just what we're working with. Still, I'd appreciate some sort of fix for this..no idea why this is happening.
Your N3DS' IP address on the network may change from time to time. If you haven't changed anything on the Nitro Stream side of things, then the problem might be because the IP address you currently have is outdated. Be sure to regularly check your console's IP address.

If you have administrator access to the router configurations, some routers have an IP address reservation feature that allows you to assign a fixed IP to a specific device so that it always connects under the same IP address every time.

D

Deleted-19228

I'm trying to use NTR streaming for the first time, and I keep getting this error in the NitroStreamer log:
Connecting... OK:
Connected OK:
Remoteplay initiated. This client will disconnect in 10 seconds.
ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
OK: Server disconnected
I've looked all over and can't find anywhere that someone has actually solved this problem and posted anything about their solution other than something like "It just started working at some point" or "Run the app as admin"
I've set up a rule in Windows Firewall to allow port 8000, I've been running Nitro Streamer as admin, and I've added all the files from the starter kit to the right places. My N3DS is running 11.2 via Luma and I'm trying to stream to a Windows 7 Boot Camp partition that's connected to my router via an Ethernet cable.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

That error is actually normal. Assuming you are using NTR selector make sure you have it configure to use NTR 3.4 and not whatever it uses by default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-