nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ok right now i sleep at 7am and wake up at 2pm.
how do i shift this to sleep at night?
should i wake up a few hours earlier or later every day?

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just keep all your gaming consoles and computers in another room. Read a book or revision. That helps me a lot. Like you I have difficulty sleeping so a book helps.

To start with, try go to bed at 6am and up at 1pm, then next day 5am and up at 12pm so on..

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd just stay up for a night. That's what I normally do when my sleeping pattern is screwed. Stay up all night , come 10-11pm next day , no probs going to sleep.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I travel alot, I have never had any problems. I just regulate with the timezone, for example: Even if its night in the UK, and the place where I am has got daylight, I just dont go to bed. From next day on everything gets normal for me.
Its EZ as that....

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have that kind of problem too... well on workdays i sleep on time so that i wake up on time... but then it gets friday so i just go gaming and party and then continue that in the weekend (from that im getting used to wake up on 2 pm) but then it gets sunday T_T i just want to end my week good so i just go gaming again but the alarm clock will not wake me after that T_T

i seriously need a fix for that XD (btw. i use THREE alarm clocks)

alarm clock 1 : my mobile
alarm clock 2 : my alarm clock
alarm clock 3 : my ds

does any1 knows an LOUSY alarm clock ? (REALLYYYY LOUSY) - that can run on my psp - wii - ds - mobile

xX

Gwendall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way to adjust your sleep schedule is staging it in increments. Many of your daily habits should be scaled back accordingly.

1. Go to bed an hour earlier each day.

2. Dial back your eating schedule by an hour as well. Try to avoid eating or drinking anything before bed. That food energy will keep you up!

3. Don't nap. It will really mess you up. There are techniques for "power napping" but they're suspect at best.

4. Don't use caffeine crutches! If you use soda, coffee, or tea to get a jump start to your day... stop! It may stall you out for a few weeks depending on how much you drink, but it's the best way to create some sort of predictability in sleep. By the same token, don't try to use alcohol to go to sleep if you're of drinking age.

5. Eat a balanced diet, and keep hydrated. There are some nights when a dry system blows through town, and I wake up in the middle of the night dried out. Keeping up with drinking enough fluids corrects this. Again, try to drink an hour in advance to going to bed though. You don't want to be waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom either!

If you're having trouble going to sleep, there are some techniques to help.

The biggest environmental factors in affecting sleep are light and noise.

1. Keep your room as dark as possible! Back when I used to live in an apartment complex, the outside lighting used to pour through the edges of the curtains. This became really annoying. I eventually took a heavy blanket and temporarily nailed it to the corners around the window. This helped a great deal.

2. Sound. This is a tricky one. Normally one would want total silence, but I know this sometimes unnerves people. First thing's first though, and make sure your electronics are off. I used to leave my computer on a lot for downloads and such, but if you're really having trouble sleeping I've found that the computer has an almost hypnotic effect in keeping you awake. Not fun. If I need any sort of white noise to go to sleep, I use a fan set on low to medium.

I hope this helps. There are a few other things, but I'd say these are the major points.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
I'd just stay up for a night. That's what I normally do when my sleeping pattern is screwed. Stay up all night , come 10-11pm next day , no probs going to sleep.
Thants what i do, except its easier if you take 2 days to do this

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
wilddenim said:
Just keep all your gaming consoles and computers in another room. Read a book or revision. That helps me a lot. Like you I have difficulty sleeping so a book helps.

To start with, try go to bed at 6am and up at 1pm, then next day 5am and up at 12pm so on..

it was too much trouble moving all the games outta the room. instead i moved my bed into the next room
smile.gif

Armadillo said:

tried that for a while but just couldn't hack it.

QUOTE(12philip12 @ Feb 2 2009, 07:11 PM)
i seriously need a fix for that XD (btw. i use THREE alarm clocks)

lol i just tried that this morning. set 3 alarm clocks. and i put them in different corners of the room so i'd have go get up to turn them off. prob is when they rang i got up, turned off all three and went back to sleep. :/

i'm going to try the staying up all night thing again. got myself a new pack of coffee, redbull and my x360.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maintain a constant sleep schedule, I always aim for 1 AM because I have class at 11 am and I can get enough sleep (8-9 hours). Think of something peaceful or that makes you feel happy or safe and lay off the caffeine 3 hours before bed.

mewcuss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just had to do the 'up all night and day' fix so that I could go to a pre-release this weekend gone.
The only problems are that you could fall asleep at 1-2pm and then your still in the same situation and obviously sleep deprivation.
If you have the time the then I would suggest getting up earlier every day, maybe half an hour to an hour each time until you reach the desired time (mine's 11am
smile.gif
). Getting up in the morning seemed to tire me out at night without the need for a smoke or exercise.

I seem to naturally go into the same sleep pattern as you (even when I was a baby), which wasn't a problem when I was working nights but nowadays it kinda sucks, seeing as most people I know are day walkers.

Best advice is to move to the opposite side of the world
biggrin.gif
. Whilst I was in Austrailia I was getting up at 7am every day (usually the first up, which is rare for me!) and going to sleep about 1am naturally!!!

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i work from 730am to 4pm and was working a cable failure (on a wed) from 300p to noon (after the company paid me double time to have breakfast) the following day. i got home and stayed up till 730pm, fell asleep and returned to work at 730a on friday. the best thing to do is what i (and many others) did. force yourself to stay up (coffee, a good game, whatever takes up your time). if you dont have a week to fix your sleep, this is the only thing to do.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two choices... do it over time knocking back an hour a day until you're fix, or go hardcore and stay up for like 36hours or whatever it takes until you reach the point you want to sleep at, and then set a ton of alarms to make sure you get up when you want. You'll be wasted the next morning, but you'll sleep fine the next night and be good.

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ok guys something weird happened. i tried doing that staying awake till the next night, thing.

only i think i had too much coffee or something cuz i overshot it
unsure.gif
wacko.gif

yep i woke up at 7pm and didn't sleep again till 2pm... two days later.
ph34r.gif

i am now going to try the waking up a little earlier thing cuz so many more people seem to be recommending that. (and cuz this other way reallllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy didn't work out
tongue.gif
)

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tire yourself out before sleep. Situps/Pushups/Go for a run/ any excercise. Keep the room as dark as possible, and try some music to go to sleep to. And just keep your mind off things. Its mostly a will power thing to get a good sleep pattern going

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person