How do i cryptofix a cia?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Filo97, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Filo97
    OP

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    How do i cryptofix a cia? i wanted to cryptofix the pokemon green cia since it isn't on the EUR eshop.

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    well its not in english either why would you want it.

There isa blue version ips patched to be green which contains all the content of green and all of the bug fixes that were a problem with just translating the game *such as the character limit*

3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    the op only wants games in english? i didn't read that.
    if you want to cryptofix you can decrypt the game with decrypt9 and rebuild it, there must be some guides here somewhere :)
    good luck

4. Filo97
    OP

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    i decrypt it, extract with packhack, rebuild with 3ds builder, and convert to CIA?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also, at me once happened a curious fact, hans skipped the cryptofix for a game. (detective pikachu) and i could boot it.

5. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i never tried, but sure it must work, the crypto will have to be removed for you to fully decrypt it.
    but maybe there is a simpler less intrusive way, converting from cia to 3ds to cia is ugly!

6. night_hawk

night_hawk GBAtemp Fan

Dec 3, 2014
    Italy
    You don't need all those steps. Just place the .cia of the game and the seeddb.bin containing the seed of the game into the decrypt9 folder (or the root). Then through decrypt9 choose game decryption -> cia decryption (deep)

cearp likes this.
  7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    oh yeah, and the cia (or 3ds file) is left in tact but decrypted. i forgot :) this is the best way!