How do I capture WII U packets?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Motokoko, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Motokoko
    OP

Motokoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I've been trying to capture Smash4 packets with with WireShark, but they fail to appear even though they are being sent. However when I use the Internet Browser the packets show clearly. Is there any way to capture the packets of smash 4?

2. ANTONIOPS

ANTONIOPS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Well I don't know if there's a good method right now for accomplish that but I think almost all important traffic coming/going from/to Nintendo or game servers is TLS os SSL encrypted so you would need to get the proper certificate or session key to decrypt that traffic,
    I don't think you can MITM without more system permissions, you can always try to scan the WiiU RAM and check if the certificates or keys are stored on it.

3. Damian666

Damian666 Coder from Hell

Mar 24, 2010
    Netherlands
    In your code...
    with a net? lol

but yeah, encrypted, so I don't think you can do much with it :(

4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    I don't get why you would want to. You can't really do anything with them.

5. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I once tried to hook into the NSSRead and NSSLWrite function, without any success. Most the Miiverse stuff is using this functions. All other online gameplay are using the normal send/recv with encrypted data. At least you can log it :P

If you also want to hook into the send/recv function take a simple hbl app with a functions patcher (like hid to vpad) and change the functionshook (*wink*)

Last edited by Maschell, Jul 1, 2016
    N28582R likes this.
  6. Motokoko
    OP

Motokoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2016
    United States
    Thanks I'll give that a shot.

Last edited by Motokoko, Jul 1, 2016