Misc How could I dump textures from an Xbox 360 game?

Yunivers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel very stupid posting this but how would I go about dumping textures from the Xbox 360 Arcade game "Aegis Wing"?
I have a rip of it already which I can use with Xenia but I'd like to get the textures.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As above you want a tool to pull things apart. I did always like le fluffie but there are others, http://gael360.free.fr/wxPirs.php possibly being one.

From there then there is no one texture format for the 360, and XBLA stuff is more likely to be somewhat custom still (at least mainline disc games were more likely to be popular engines of the day). There is 3d hardware onboard and the dev tools were somewhat akin to directX9c (shocking revelation for a Microsoft console of the era) but I have also seen enough stuff have an intermediate format as well and be converted during play to hardware where I would not expect more than compression on most older consoles and handhelds.

To that end you are almost better off approaching things at format level
http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/Game_File_Format_Central being a good jumping off point.

I don't know what we are suggesting for raw texture formats these days -- they don't always work the best with the general tile editors like https://github.com/puggsoy/tiledggd-pe- owing to the alpha settings. Most that do things here tend to target general graphics programs via plugins and such, or general game file viewers (the xentax site above probably noting a few).

Yunivers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the game uses standard .png image files so I'm fine on that end. I managed to extract pretty much everything including the audio and the .xzp's

But I am having issues converting the DirectX meshes to any other file extension and Blender and C4D doesn't allow importing of .x only exporting. I also couldn't find anything about the Shader files (.xpu and .xvu) nor could I figure out how to export things from .xur files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the game uses standard .png image files so I'm fine on that end. I managed to extract pretty much everything including the audio and the .xzp's

But I am having issues converting the DirectX meshes to any other file extension and Blender and C4D doesn't allow importing of .x only exporting. I also couldn't find anything about the Shader files (.xpu and .xvu) nor could I figure out how to export things from .xur files.
Of that, I don't know. I've never decompiled those sorts of files. Therealmodscene might have something. That's the number one 360 site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up