How challenging is it to replace a dsi housing?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by RadiantVaporeon, Apr 26, 2015.

1. RadiantVaporeon
    OP

RadiantVaporeon Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Planning on buying a new shell for an old dsi I dug up today. The only experience I've ever had was when I replaced my gba sp shell but it was really simple. The top screen also has dead pixels so I'm replacing that too. (I read reviews on replacement screens on Amazon and it seems they wear out pretty fast. Can anyone confirm this?) so should I go through the trouble of replacing the shell? Or buy a used dsi?

2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    If you ask me I would say it's somehow complicayed if you're not used to replacing any housings, I tried to replace mine but I failed because I wasn't ablt to remove the things that cover the screws. As for the screens, choose wisely for each screen you see may have different reviews from one another

3. RadiantVaporeon
    OP

RadiantVaporeon Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Hmm...maybe I should just send my system to Nintendo for repairs. The shell itself is really scratched up but I don't mind. It's just the l button isn't working too well and the top screen have these visible dots that are similar to dandruff but like inside the screen itself and I cant take it out.

4. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    If the buttons aren't working at all it would be best to send the system to Nintendo for repairs.

5. RadiantVaporeon
    OP

RadiantVaporeon Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Any idea how much it would cost? Based on what I'm reading maybe $50-$75?

6. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    I haven't had an exact idea since there are no official Nintendo outlets here but I'd say you're guess is somewhat accurate

7. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai snart

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I DESTROYED the things that covered my DSi's screws.

nxwing likes this.