Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Norton2011, Jun 21, 2011.
i will buy a r4i sdhc .but how can i use it on my DSi.can you give me a methods of operation?
Same as with most flashcards. You download the latest kernel and install it on your SDHC card plug the SDHC card into your flashcard and then your flashcard into your DSi.
IMHO whilst the R4i-SDHC is a good card for beginners there are far better cards out there for just a little more money. Why not get an AceKArd 2i instead? They are a much better card with a greater number of features.
Warning: Spoilers inside!
1. Put the microSD of the r4i on your PC. Download and install this, use it to reformat the microSD.
2. Download the correct kernel from your manufacturer's website (it should be on the box or on the cart itself). Extract it from the zip file, and place it in the root of your microSD (not inside any folders). The website itself should have some instructions on this, often on their Download page.
3. Make a new folder, name it "Games" or something. Download your NDS ROMs (google them if you are not sure where to get them), extract the .nds files from the zip or RAR files, place those inside that Games folder.
4. Put your microSD back into your R4i, put your R4i into the Slot-1 of your DSi. Turn it on, and select the ROM inside the Games folder. Have fun!
If that does not work please tell us what error you received (be as detailed as possible), and what your manufacturer's website is, and we will try to help you further.
But yes, it is a better idea to get an Acekard 2i.
1. Get a SD card
2. Download the latest firmware of your R4i SDHC card
3. Put the firmware files into the SD card
4. Put your card into your DSi
5. Power on and play game ! Done
After you've gotten the card:
Step 1: Get a MicroSD card, the best types are PNY 2 GB/4GB MicroSD cards because the Sandisk MicroSD cards make games lag.
Step 2: Get the firmware files for that R4i-SDHC card here
Step 3: Take the MicroSD card and insert it into the computer/laptop and then open it by going to "My Computer" on Windows XP or "Computer" on Windows Vista/7 and then open the MicroSD card's folder and drag and drop the firmware files you downloaded in step 2 onto there.
Then you're done you have the basic structure on there and may add and download more homebrew and etc.
Please don't buy this R4 clone! Buy an acekard 2i, or a SuperCard DSTWO instead.