How can I save my corrupted data?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mint Pepper, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Mint Pepper
    OP

Mint Pepper Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2014
    United States
    Hello! My 3ds save data is corrupted. I have a copy of my save data before I restored my 3ds. I tried re installing my old data back AFTER the restoration. The problem is that it now says my save data is corrupted. After doing research I found out it's because the 3ds changes "keys" once it restores, so it won't match my older save data. My question is, can I take the new key from the new 3ds save file and swap it with the older one so the older one will work? Is there anything I can do in this case? I put many hours into it, and I purchased several game digitally. Any response will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Mint Pepper
    OP

Mint Pepper Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2014
    United States
    Anyone?

3. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    I have had this problem before, and maybe if you ask someone has a save at the same point in the game.

4. Mint Pepper
    OP

Mint Pepper Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for the response. I still have my old save, so it's not like I lost it. The problem is making it run on my 3ds. What did you do to fix it?

5. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Sadly, I was told it could not be saved.

The only way you could save it was if only the header was corrupt, but idk how far people are with editing 3ds saves atm.

6. aXXo

aXXo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    As far as I can tell, saves are un-saveable because they're encrypted in addition to being corrupted. The only way to save it, in theory, would be to unencrypt it using the 4.5 keys (which we don't have) and using a save editing tool (again, which we don't have) to check for errors in the file structure and try to repair it.