How can I connect my Xbox360 to my laptop?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Bloomfield, Nov 3, 2011.

Nov 3, 2011
  1. Bloomfield
    OP

Newcomer Bloomfield Newbie

United States
    How can I connect my Xbox360 to my laptop?

I have a Dell Insprion 1720 running Windows 7. I was wondering if anybody would know any cords or cables that I would need to connect my Xbox360 to my laptop so I could play games on it.

---------------------------
    x360key x360 key x360 key usb

2. jrmaxnj

Newcomer jrmaxnj Newbie

China
    So far,as I know,you can not connetct your Xbox to your PC directly,we usually use hard disk to complete the connection.hope it can help you.
    And you need USB Hard-Drive Transfer Kit to make your connection successfully! Good luck.

3. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    You most likely want a USB video capture card. Your budget, decides the quality of the image portrayed on your laptop.

The prices are usually;

Easycap- $5-$15.
    Dazzle - $50-$90.
    Roxio - $80-$100.
    HD PVR - $150-$200.

4. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You also have to make sure there is no lag if you are using a capture card and playing games off the program software! Playing a game with a 1-2 second lag isn't very enjoyable. HD PVR has a lag due to video processing and is transferred via USB 2.0, but also requires a AC adapter. There is no lag or slight lag on the easycap, but quality isn't very good. Can't speak for anything else.

5. KlexKavark

Newcomer KlexKavark Member

United States
    On my laptop i plug my xbox360 directly to a hdmi port but theres a 1 sec lag due to the software i use to view it (gamemate) but ive seen others use the hdmi port without software and just use the monitor directly like a tv to play but ive only seen it on desktops dont know if it can be done in laptops.

6. pas7680

Newcomer pas7680 Member

United Kingdom
    i think this is the usual case of someone seeing a vga port on the laptop and thinking it's an input - it's not.. 99% of laptops don't have video inputs and the capture card is the only method to achieve this. In reality it's not practical.

7. shemmy

Newcomer shemmy Member

United Kingdom
    is there an alternative pvr to the hauppauge? ie just a normal pvr that also has hd freeview on it that will record from xbox 360?