How can I connect my Xbox360 to my laptop?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Bloomfield, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Bloomfield
    OP

Bloomfield Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2011
    United States
    How can I connect my Xbox360 to my laptop?

I have a Dell Insprion 1720 running Windows 7. I was wondering if anybody would know any cords or cables that I would need to connect my Xbox360 to my laptop so I could play games on it.

---------------------------
    x360key x360 key x360 key usb

2. jrmaxnj

jrmaxnj Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2011
    Switzerland
    China Mailand
    So far,as I know,you can not connetct your Xbox to your PC directly,we usually use hard disk to complete the connection.hope it can help you.
    And you need USB Hard-Drive Transfer Kit to make your connection successfully! Good luck.

3. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    You most likely want a USB video capture card. Your budget, decides the quality of the image portrayed on your laptop.

The prices are usually;

Easycap- $5-$15.
    Dazzle - $50-$90.
    Roxio - $80-$100.
    HD PVR - $150-$200.

4. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    You also have to make sure there is no lag if you are using a capture card and playing games off the program software! Playing a game with a 1-2 second lag isn't very enjoyable. HD PVR has a lag due to video processing and is transferred via USB 2.0, but also requires a AC adapter. There is no lag or slight lag on the easycap, but quality isn't very good. Can't speak for anything else.

5. KlexKavark

KlexKavark Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    On my laptop i plug my xbox360 directly to a hdmi port but theres a 1 sec lag due to the software i use to view it (gamemate) but ive seen others use the hdmi port without software and just use the monitor directly like a tv to play but ive only seen it on desktops dont know if it can be done in laptops.

6. pas7680

pas7680 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2007
    i think this is the usual case of someone seeing a vga port on the laptop and thinking it's an input - it's not.. 99% of laptops don't have video inputs and the capture card is the only method to achieve this. In reality it's not practical.

7. shemmy

shemmy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2007
    is there an alternative pvr to the hauppauge? ie just a normal pvr that also has hd freeview on it that will record from xbox 360?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice