How can I boot isolinux.bin from EFI mode?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would like to boot isolinux.bin from EFI mode, and I don't know how to do it. I've tried the rEFInd boot manager, but editing the config files and bootpaths are a bitch, at least from Windows.

TL;DR:
It would be nice if I could get rEFInd to detect the isolinux.bin file from /ISOLINUX/isolinux.bin on my ISO, and boot it

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which linux system are you trying to live boot? Not all Linux Live CDs have that ability. Best way to find out is to either look at the website the distro came on and find anything about EFI, or look for a folder labeled EFI either in root of the disc or in he boot directory. If you see that, then the disc is EFI compatible. If not, chances are that disc only supports legacy operations.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Which linux system are you trying to live boot? Not all Linux Live CDs have that ability. Best way to find out is to either look at the website the distro came on and find anything about EFI, or look for a folder labeled EFI either in root of the disc or in he boot directory. If you see that, then the disc is EFI compatible. If not, chances are that disc only supports legacy operations.
It's my own multiboot ISO with syslinux 6.03 on it, generated from SARDU v3.0 Pro.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my own multiboot ISO with syslinux 6.03 on it, generated from SARDU v3.0 Pro.
Well, from what I can gather, you can only boot a linux distro that supports EFI. So each distro on your multiboot each has their own requirements. If it supports EFI, it'll boot. If it doesn't, then your stuck with Legacy. I also recommend looking into MultiCD, a collection of Linux scripts designed to make a muliboot ISO, as well as an app for Android which requires root access called DriveDroid.

Last edited by Dimensional,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1