OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I have a problem with which I think you can help me fairly easy.

I didn't use my Wii for a while until I can across Excitebots, which I wanted to try. I blew the dust from my Wii and connected it to my cinema set. When I popped in the game it wanted to updated so I did, when it was ready I realized it was a NTSC game while I own a PAL Wii.

I think I had firmware 3.3E before the update, I don't know what I have now because I can't access the settings anymore, I get the error "page can not be found" with the URL's in it. I had heard from this before but never realized it would happen to me because my Wii always WAS up-to-date.

Is there any solution for this? How can I install European firmware again?

Thanks in advance.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
EddyB said:
Hi guys,

I have a problem with which I think you can help me fairly easy.

I didn't use my Wii for a while until I can across Excitebots, which I wanted to try. I blew the dust from my Wii and connected it to my cinema set. When I popped in the game it wanted to updated so I did, when it was ready I realized it was a NTSC game while I own a PAL Wii.

I think I had firmware 3.3E before the update, I don't know what I have now because I can't access the settings anymore, I get the error "page can not be found" with the URL's in it. I had heard from this before but never realized it would happen to me because my Wii always WAS up-to-date.

Is there any solution for this? How can I install European firmware again?

Thanks in advance.
If you can access hbc, then use it to run anyregionchanger and set the firmware to 3.2e.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to find a PAL disc that has a firmware update higher than Excitebots. I think there's a page that you can check which game discs have what updates, but I don't have the link right now. If you can find a disc with a higher update, then grab the disc, put it in your Wii and update. Until then, you'll be semi-bricked.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finding a PAL disc with an update higher than Excitebots will prove difficult considering Excitebots is the first game to demand a 4.0 update and 4.0 is the highest firmware currently available. I think your probably screwed, but in the future be aware that actual updates are not required to play any games. With the right IOS installed any game can basically be played on any firmware. For example, excitebots works for me no problem, and I am on 3.2U And also if your going to do any sort of wii hacking installing preloader is a really good idea. If you had preloader installed you could easily fix your bricked wii by reinstalling the correct region firmware with Any Region Changer. As it stands now, there may be some way to resolve your issue, but I don't really know what it is. You can also block disc updates with preloader, so no disc will ever request a firmware update. This is very useful because it completely prevents any chance an off-region update, and as I said you don't truly ever need to update your firmware. You can just install the IOS that the games need to run. I hope someone can resolve your issue, but I honestly don't know if anything can be done currently. Perhaps when bannerbomb comes out, you can install the homebrew channel on 4.0 and access the apps needed to fix your wii.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Servdogg said:
If you can still play discs on your wii, you may be able to repair with a semi-brick fix disc. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this link, but here is a link to a PAL version of the disc.
http://www.console-scene.info/files/wii-sy...-v290-repad.rar

I'm not sure if this actually will work, but its worth a shot.

*disc only works if you have a modchip* otherwise you're screwed until the next update for pal is out on a pressed disc

EddyB

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mark McDonut said:
Servdogg said:
If you can still play discs on your wii, you may be able to repair with a semi-brick fix disc. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this link, but here is a link to a PAL version of the disc.

*disc only works if you have a modchip* otherwise you're screwed until the next update for pal is out on a pressed disc

Thank you very much, didn't know a disc like this existed, I do have a modchip so i'm gonna try, hope it works.

When I can get into my menu again I think it will be wise to install the homebrew channel and the preloader so I won't have this problem again in the future.

Thanks guys
yay.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
thats not gonna work as the disc only has 3.2 firmware and you are bricked on 4.0

EddyB

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jan777 said:
thats not gonna work as the disc only has 3.2 firmware and you are bricked on 4.0

Do I require a disk like that with firmware 4.0? Is it available or possible for me to make it myself?

smackpirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you get into "Data Management"?

If so, I think bannerbomb (Or whatever it is going to be called) will be able to save you when it is released.

EddyB

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
smackpirate said:

If so, I think bannebomb (Or whatever it is going to be called) will be able to save you when it is released.

Yes I can get into data management, I don't know "bannebomb" but I will google for this.

Thanks

EddyB

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
smackpirate said:

If so, I think bannebomb (Or whatever it is going to be called) will be able to save you when it is released.

Yes I can get into data management, I don't know "bannerbomb" but I will google for this.

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, thought I could quickly change "bannebomb" to "bannerbomb" but the posting system beat me to it
wink.gif

EddyB

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Servdogg said:

Tried this but it doesn't work, I get an error when inserting the disk, I think this is because I have firmware 4.0.

I think there is nothing I can do now but wait for a newer firmware on PAL disk or "bannerbomb" if it will ever release.

Thanks for your help guys

smackpirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EddyB said:
smackpirate said:

Yes I can get into data management, I don't know "bannebomb" but I will google for this.

Thanks

Sorry, I meant "bannerbomb"

It's going to be a new exploit to get homebrew on the Wii.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCi0flUyDU...re=channel_page

Hopefully it will be released soon.

But once it is released, you can use it to install the Homebrew channel
Then you can follow this guide to downgrade
Then just re-update to 4.0 and everything should be fixed.

I recommend you follow this update guide and install preloader.

You can use preloader to block disk updates so this doesn't happen again. (Go to System Menu Hacks and enable "Skip disk updates")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1